+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody here watch soccer?

FORT Fogey
    United are 5 points clear of Arsenal. They are in great shape to take the title.

Congrats to Bayern Munich. I was there in 1996 when they won the UEFA Cup and the Bundesliga title so I know the party that's going on in Bavaria tonight. How good does this beer look?

And from the reports I'm reading right now, Ronaldinho held a clinic at the Parc des Princes for PSG today scoring two brilliant goals. I have to get my hands on the footage.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Hey deepdish.. unfortunately I can't view the Beckham's free kick video

But I saw on tv way too much already. Anyway.

Of course Manchester United is in a great shape to win the title. I'm pretty confident it's theirs this year.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by unexplained
    Hey deepdish.. unfortunately I can't view the Beckham's free kick video
    Maybe you need a different speed. Go here: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Report=RP.html and the vids are on the column on the right side!

Ahh. Thanks!!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    What a great Wednesday!

The friendly I was most anticipating watching today was Mexico vs. Brazil. The first half saw Mexico play so cohesively, it was just beautiful to watch. Final score was 0-0 and I totally salute El Tri on fine futbol.

For Brazil, Ronaldinho was brilliant. Plus I got my first look at 18 year old Diego (he came in the last 15 mins) who plays for Santos but expect to see more of him very soon.

But back to Mexico, men of the match:

Rafael Márquez

Jared Borgetti

Nice! 0-0 draw.

I caught the France and Egypt friendly and the Spain and Ecuador. What a smashing good time.

France 5-0 Egypt

Last edited by unexplained; 05-01-2003 at 06:58 AM.

Spain 4-0 Ecuador

FORT Fogey
    Great pics, unexplained!

Originally posted by Deep Dish
    Plus I got my first look at 18 year old Diego (he came in the last 15 mins) who plays for Santos but expect to see more of him very soon.
    So, DD who's he? From Brazil? Any pictures to spare?
    I'm very obsessed with Kaka, a young player from Sao Paulo. He was part of the Brazil team in the World Cup finals 2002 and only played during the Costa Rica match.

Pictures later. so who's Diego?

FORT Fogey
    unexplained, both these guys are Brasil's next superstars!

Diego Ribas da Cunha, 18, is a midfielder for Santos.

Róbson de Souza Robinho, 19, is up front.

And for a really great pic, click here http://www.santosfc.com.br for the Santos home page. I'd post the image but it's HUGE!

As an added bonus, here's Kaka for you!

+ Reply to Thread