+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - The French Open

Tennis - The French Open

Is anyone looking forward to the start of The French Open tomorrow? Tennis is the only sport I watch so I'm looking forward to it! I mainly watch women's tennis and I hope that either Venus or Serena Williams win.

I am excited too!

Wow! I was watching this morning while getting ready for work (the ESPN coverage starts at 5 am out here). Agassi got smoked by some French guy I'd never heard of before. This could be a crazy tourney.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I was wondering of opening a thread. But you already did Fan (can i call you that. ). Finally a sport we both watch.
    But I watch mostly the men's matches.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Sure you can call me fan! I agree, finally a sport we both watch . I wanted Andre Agassi to go far but I kind of expected him to go out fairly early due to lack of matches! There's so many injuries in going around (Juan Carlos, Andy, Serena, Venus, Justine...) and I have a feeling a lot of high ranked players are going to go out earlier than expected.

Men who shocked me so far. Agassi and Philippoussis defeated in the first round.

The 34-year-old Agassi was outrun and outgunned by the 23-year-old Haehnel, who was making his Grand Slam debut.

"I probably got what I deserved," Agassi said. "You always want enough matches. But Iím not at that stage in my career where I have a lot of options. I have to choose carefully and hope a few things fall my way to find everything I need to have a chance of winning. It was certainly not to be with this preparation. Thatís probably the most obvious thing when you donít like the way that you are feeling out there."

Agassi added that heís focusing on the big picture this year and didnít feel like he had enough of a realistic chance to win Roland Garros to spend a lot of time preparing for it. A father of two, he believes he has a more realistic shots at winning Wimbledon or the US Open and is vowing to get enough matches in to prepare for them.

He isnít sure whether heíll return to play Roland Garros next year as a 35-year-old.

"Itís hard to say," said Agassi, whoís eyes welled up when considering the question. "You want to come back, but you just donít know. Itís a year away and thatís a long time for me now. The chances get less every year, thatís for sure."
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

The official website for those who are interested: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html

Did anyone see any of the Santoro/Clement marathon? The longest match ever in French Open history at 6:33 over two days. I only saw part of the 5th set on the second day of the match but it was compelling to watch the two of them keep slugging it out.

Justine Henin-Hardenne the world number one and the defending champion has been knocked out in the second round. Tathiana Garbin, ranked 86, beat her in straight sets, 7-5, 6-4. Personally I'm happy as i never liked her!

I was so shocked. I like her actually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast