+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - The French Open

AI! I love womens tennis as well, especially the Williams sisters! Chanda Rubin withdrew just before the start of the tournament with a knee injury which she picked up in February. She came back in a tournament just before the French Open but it flared up again causing her to withdraw. I like the doubles team of Virginia and Paula as well, they're great together.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    AI! I love womens tennis as well, especially the Williams sisters! Chanda Rubin withdrew just before the start of the tournament with a knee injury which she picked up in February. She came back in a tournament just before the French Open but it flared up again causing her to withdraw. I like the doubles team of Virginia and Paula as well, they're great together.
    Thanks for the Rubin info. I like the playing of Virginia and Paula because it is so unorthodox and unique.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Did anyone see Marat Safin's match yesterday? He got penalized for dropping his shorts after a long point!
    I didn't see that. He is one entertaining character in the Men's Tennis circuit.

I like the Suarez/Pascual double too.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Great pic UE!

Lindsay Davenport can be added to the injured list, she has a knee injury and lost to Elena Dementieva. She had surgery on her knee two years ago!

Anyway, Guillermo Coria, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Amelie Mauresmo and surprisingly Paula Suarez are all through to the quarter finals.

Fan, you put Coria with the other ladies. I just found that too funny.

So the first four men in the quarters.
    1. Tim Henman
    2. Juan Ignacio Chela
    3. Guillermo Coria
    4. Carlos Moya/Tommy Robredo (the winner of the match)

Next four comes from the winner of these 4th round matches tomorrow.
    Gustavo Kuerten BRA (28)
    vs.
    Feliciano Lopez ESP (23)

Marat Safin RUS (20)
    vs.
    David Nalbandian ARG (8) Superb match-up!!

Igor Andreev RUS
    vs.
    Gaston Gaudio ARG

Lleyton Hewitt AUS (12)
    vs.
    Xavier Malisse BEL
    Last edited by unexplained; 05-30-2004 at 02:31 PM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    Fan, you put Coria with the other ladies. I just found that too funny.
    Oops!

I'm hoping that Venus Williams and Carlos Moya win the French Open this year! Those two are two of my favorite players and it would be great for Venus as she has yet to win there and it would be a great comeback for her. Who are your picks?

I like Henman but I like Moya more. So Moya is my pick for a favourite to win the Grand Slam.

But for the girls, it's a tussle between the William Sisters. I don't have a pick though.

Fan, the Williams sisters lost today.

Women's Singles semifinals:
    Paola Suarez ARG (14)
    vs.
    Elena Dementieva RUS (9)

Anastasia Myskina RUS (6)
    vs.
    Jennifer Capriati USA (7)

It was great discussing tennis here but since my favorites are out, I don't care about the French Open and I won't be watching the rest of it! I'm looking forward to the next tournament though UE! Btw, what do you think of the remaining players and what do you think of Maria Sharapova? I think Maria's a great player and she's moving up the rankings quick.

My favourite, JC Fererro went out in the 2nd round and I thought that I wanted to boycott French Open. But the action are still hot in the Men's singles. I'd like to see Kuerten and Henman play.

Sharapova is still so young. Only 17 but so much potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast