+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - The French Open

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Fan, I have a sick feeling that JC might not make it. 3rd set and JC is still trailing 3-5.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I'm dissapointed, JC lost to that guy! Not only that but my favorite tennis player, Serena Williams, is not playing that well! Her scoreline so far is 4-6, 6-2. I hope she can make it, come on Serena!

Serena finally won her match 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. I saw that match, it was great to watch and the level of tennis was high. I don't know why but the french crowd were booing Serena like crazy, even the commentator's were saying that's just stupid and rude. The french crowd also booed Jennifer Capriati during her last match.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Serena finally won her match 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. I saw that match, it was great to watch and the level of tennis was high. I don't know why but the french crowd were booing Serena like crazy, even the commentator's were saying that's just stupid and rude. The french crowd also booed Jennifer Capriati during her last match.
    Perhaps because their American?
    I also watch the women's and want Serena to win.

My dermatologist has a daughter who is representing the USA in the French Open, Julie Ditty. Too cool!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    My dermatologist has a daughter who is representing the USA in the French Open, Julie Ditty. Too cool!
    That's cool Texi.

The level of support in this grandslam is alike a Davis Cup match. Certain times, it borders on annoyance when people are screaming and booing when it's not necessary.

Now the men's and women's defending champions are out of the competition.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

LG.
    and Andy is sick, as he almost wasn't even go to play his first round match.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

That was also hurting the defending champion, JC Ferrero. He only decided to play on Monday. I'm still pretty shocked at the loss, albiet it was expected.

There are so many injuries going around. Andy, Juan Carlos and Apparently Guillermo Coria all have some injury while on the womens tour, Serena, Justine, Venus, Amelie, Kim and Jennifer have all spent more than a few months off this year through injury!

Anyway, Lindsay Davenport, Carlos Moya, Guillermo and Amelie are all through to the fourth round. Did anyone see Marat Safin's match yesterday? He got penalized for dropping his shorts after a long point!

Thought I would post my thoughts in here. Though I can never find when Tennis is on, I check on their website with the results. I basically only watch Womens because it is quicker and more interesting. I cheer more for the underdogs. I like Amelie Mauresmo, Chandra Rubin(where is she?), Paola Suarez, Virginia Ruano Pascual (the last two are my favorite doubles team), and Ai Sugiyama.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast