+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - The French Open

I forgot you liked her UE! Amelie Mauresmo almost lost as well, finally winning in three sets. A lot of the lower ranked players seem to be playing better here!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    To each his own on which player we like.
    I watched that match. Amelie was distracted during the second set and finally asserted her aggresiveness. She could be in the Finals, playing in her hometown and all.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I agree, I think Amelie is playing well and with Justine out of her draw, she may be able to reach the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner
    Did anyone see any of the Santoro/Clement marathon? The longest match ever in French Open history at 6:33 over two days. I only saw part of the 5th set on the second day of the match but it was compelling to watch the two of them keep slugging it out.
    Not the full 6 hours. It was a tough fight.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

The Oliver Mutis vs Andy Roddick match is fascinating right now. So far it's the final 5th set decider.

Mutis has the hometown behind him and he's playing superbly.

He is indeed as he's just won his match against Andy Roddick 3-6, 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-2. Another seed out, at first I was suprised and then I saw Andy's record on clay!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    clay is the ultimate tennis equalizer.... and there are NO american men left in the tournament.

anyone see the interview with serena on espn- talking about her outfits- she thinks she is sexy? thats what she says?? who's feeding her that bull? she's a man! i see her and sexy is just about the last thing that comes tom mind... heshe?

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    anyone see the interview with serena on espn- talking about her outfits- she thinks she is sexy? thats what she says?? who's feeding her that bull? she's a man! i see her and sexy is just about the last thing that comes tom mind... heshe?

I'm a big, big fan of Juan Carlos Ferrero. He's playing now and things are not looking bright. Go JC, defend your French title!

So far, JC is trailing 4-6, 2-6..

I hope JC wins as well . In other news, Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati are through to the third round. To quote Jennifer, "I guess it's up to us to keep America alive here.'' I don't know why they're making such a big deal about Andy's loss, it's not as if he was one of the favorite's to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast