+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Lakers vs. Pistons Shaq is bringing his broom. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    It is absolutely true that B-ball is a team sport, but you have to have someone to build that team around. Every team starts with a foundation to build on. The Bulls were built around Jordan, T-Wolves are built around KG, etc. My guess is any team would take Shaq and his 40% free throws as their foundation any day. Maybe you don't need a big guy to win but you have to think that Jordan's bulls are an exceptional case because Jordan was a god. It's hard to win it all without at least a quality big man. Magic had Kareem, Spurs had Duncan and Robinson when they won, Houston had Hakeem, Detroit at least had Laimbeer. It seems to me that almost every team except the bulls had a big time big man on there squad.
    Yeah...you tell them, honey! :phhht

Lakers vs. T'wolves....Lakers in 6. We just want to close it home. Game 6 on Memorial Day.

Buh Bye Minnesota! At least you finally make it pass the first series.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar

Seriously though Minnesota put up a good fight and they have a bright future. They need to drop Olowakandi and Oliver Miller though.

i hope detroit closes it out tonight and faces LA in the finals. indy doesn't have what it takes and 'miller-time' was so 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    i hope detroit closes it out tonight and faces LA in the finals. indy doesn't have what it takes and 'miller-time' was so 5 years ago.
    The faster they close it out, the faster LA can get their ring!

Lets hope LA wins a series without favourtism from the officials for once...oh thats right, I went there. :phhht

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Lets hope LA wins a series without favourtism from the officials for once...oh thats right, I went there. :phhht
    The only reason the Wolves were even in that game was because of all the calls they got. Shaq had 4 fouls in the first half, Kobe 3. T-wolves shot free throws for every foul for 9 minutes. The only foul trouble Minnie had was their centers from hacking Shaq. Face it Wally was off, Spree was off except for free throws, and too many turnovers, that's why they lost. Minnesota has a good team, don't turn into the Kings and try to blame the officials for losing.

I am not saying they won by the officials. They outplayed the T-Wolves, but soooo many times the Lakers get calls that shouldn't get...one that is an obvious one is a few years back when they played in Vancouver and Shaq got the ball off a good second and a half after the buzzer, it went in the refs counted it and the Lakers won by 1 point. You see it more and more. Basketball is getting famous for this and they have to stop doing that. I think its a given this season that the Lakers are going to win it this season. Just hope they spread the talent out next season, it gets annoying when players go to the Lakers over any other team just for a chance to win the championship.

+ Reply to Thread