+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Shaq commands 30 million a year...who is the laughing stock of the league?

Laughing stock of the leauge in terms of his lack of ability at the free throw line not in his ability to ball. Yeah, I can count the rings...3, so far,but with out Kobe?????? Remeber Michael Jordon? As bad as he was no rings until he got Scotty Pippen and a good supporting cast. Shaq ,Dominant as he is struggled to get to the promised land before comming to L.A and he struggled in L.A before the supporting crew came on board. The coaches door for L.A at that time was a revolving one until King Philip came to town then 'lo and behold - Three Rings -. I don't know how much Shaq practices his free throws in terms of time and reps,but I doubt it's as much as the Laker organization claims because ,he is the anchor of the team and they are not going to blast him; not even when he made the comment about healing himself on company time last year when he was injured. I'm sure quite a few coaches would love to have Shaq on their squad,but a big man alone is not and can not win a team championships .Remember Bill Russell and the Celtics punking Wilt year after year after year ;and in his era with was a monster of dominance. The lakers with Kareem? It took Magic and Worthy and others. and the bulls won 6 rings without a dominant center. Over the yers the game has changed,but this aspect of the game will never change, it helps to have a big guy,but the big guy can't do take over the game by himself.
    Last edited by fit_chick5; 05-28-2004 at 12:26 PM.

I speak regular English but I do have an opinion on the Playoffs. Obviously Lakers beat Wolves. Lakers will win in Minnesota this Saturday. Not quite as obvious, but Pistons beat Pacers in six. Pistons-Lakers. I was a huge Pistons fan back in the late 80s, early 90s, but didn't watch the NBA for years. I have to pull for Detroit but I don't think the Wallaces have much of a chance to stop Shaq. I think they could win a couple games though in an entertaining, old-school type series.

Eric

how about shaq busting on craig sager for his ugly suit after game 3?

i was also dying a while back when charles barkley called sam cassell golem from 'lord of the rings'.

Hey, guys. No more personal digs at one another in here, all right? We can discuss the NBA playoffs without slamming one another. My "delete" finger is itchy, and I'll give it a workout if we don't all focus on the games and the players themselves. I'm referring to most of the posts on this page, of course, not the earlier discussion or the most recent post.

Thanks.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie,
    please feel free to delete any of the offending comments I made icluding my slang injected rants regarding Shaq and my slam on Canada.
    Thank you,
    Fit chick5

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    Laughing stock of the leauge in terms of his lack of ability at the free throw line not in his ability to ball. Yeah, I can count the rings...3, so far,but with out Kobe?????? Remeber Michael Jordon? As bad as he was no rings until he got Scotty Pippen and a good supporting cast. Shaq ,Dominant as he is struggled to get to the promised land before comming to L.A and he struggled in L.A before the supporting crew came on board. The coaches door for L.A at that time was a revolving one until King Philip came to town then 'lo and behold - Three Rings -. I don't know how much Shaq practices his free throws in terms of time and reps,but I doubt it's as much as the Laker organization claims because ,he is the anchor of the team and they are not going to blast him; not even when he made the comment about healing himself on company time last year when he was injured. I'm sure quite a few coaches would love to have Shaq on their squad,but a big man alone is not and can not win a team championships .Remember Bill Russell and the Celtics punking Wilt year after year after year ;and in his era with was a monster of dominance. The lakers with Kareem? It took Magic and Worthy and others. and the bulls won 6 rings without a dominant center. Over the yers the game has changed,but this aspect of the game will never change, it helps to have a big guy,but the big guy can't do take over the game by himself.
    It is absolutely true that B-ball is a team sport, but you have to have someone to build that team around. Every team starts with a foundation to build on. The Bulls were built around Jordan, T-Wolves are built around KG, etc. My guess is any team would take Shaq and his 40% free throws as their foundation any day. Maybe you don't need a big guy to win but you have to think that Jordan's bulls are an exceptional case because Jordan was a god. It's hard to win it all without at least a quality big man. Magic had Kareem, Spurs had Duncan and Robinson when they won, Houston had Hakeem, Detroit at least had Laimbeer. It seems to me that almost every team except the bulls had a big time big man on there squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    how about shaq busting on craig sager for his ugly suit after game 3?

i was also dying a while back when charles barkley called sam cassell golem from 'lord of the rings'.

Yeah that was hilarious. Did you catch a few weeks back when Barkley was bustin' on Spree's hat? He said something like, "just because it's got a big brand name, don't mean it looks good."

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    I speak regular English but I do have an opinion on the Playoffs. Obviously Lakers beat Wolves. Lakers will win in Minnesota this Saturday. Not quite as obvious, but Pistons beat Pacers in six. Pistons-Lakers. I was a huge Pistons fan back in the late 80s, early 90s, but didn't watch the NBA for years. I have to pull for Detroit but I don't think the Wallaces have much of a chance to stop Shaq. I think they could win a couple games though in an entertaining, old-school type series.

Eric
    I think it would definitely be an entertaining series if it's Lakers vs. Pistons. Rasheed used to kill the Lakers when he was on Portland and Rip Hamilton is a pretty underrated player. I'd love to see it go to 7 games.....with Lakers winning of course.

[QUOTE=EXlurker] Lakers vs. Pistons. I'd love to see it go to 7 games...

This is exactly what I'd like to see. I think it was last year a lot of people were hoping for a Lakers vs Celtics match up,but since the Celtics aren't here this will do just fine .7 games of championship basketball would be great. The ratings will more than likely be high for a match up between these two ,so I'm sure the league wants it to. But from a fans perspective alone this should be alot of fun.
    Last edited by fit_chick5; 05-29-2004 at 08:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread