+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Foul shooting league-wide is appalling, honestly. Do you ever see 90% foul shooters anymore like Mark Price and Jeff Hornacek used to produce? And Larry Bird? Fundamentals just aren't popular anymore. Sheer athleticism is what sells tickets, I guess.

I sound old.
    you're right, paulie. league-wide, FTs are bad. definitely a drop from early 90s and 80s bball. i just checked the regular season stats, only three guys in the 90%s, peja, nash, and houston. ray allen and reggie were up there.

womynlee, please don't remind me of how bad the spurs are at the line... AWFUL. duncan went from 71% last year to 60% this year, lovely. i just want to yell, "Bend your freakin' knees!!" when he's at the line.

other awful FT shooters: big ben, bowen
    favorite all time form: bill cartwright

Shaq Clank -Izzle sho' nuff gonna be at the line tryin' to break down the backboard with his imitation of a launching intercontinental Trident mississile
    fo' sizzle. Look big daddy diesel I'm not an expert on the game and I'm not a seven footer,but I know this much .If I knew that teams were coming after me because they had no respect for my ability to drain a bucket from the free throw line and that I was the LAUGHING stock of the league for my inability to drain a free throw ,you better believe I'd muscle up and get my skills together. If for nothing else but respect. 50% at the line. 50% at least would mean that "Hack a Shaq " would become somewhat of a liability for other teams.especially when you drop down into the sub five minute range in a tight game. For anyone who has played ball practicing from the free throw line is tedious for sure,but less strenuous then running bleacher laps or hitting the weights. Get up off your fat rectum Shaq and do you reps at the line/ Besides doesn't he have a court at his crib----if not get one sucka it would be a tax write off

*Gets out his ebonics dictionary*

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Clipse .Whatever do you mean my dear fellow. This is a thread for basketball and the playoffs not english class.And you know wht I'm talkin' 'bout son.What I said about Shaq-Foo still stands. If you need the previous post interpreted for you by all means go out and make the purchase on the dictionary then you can also pick up a surfer dictionary and we can really get down and talk basketball ,dude. Like, you know because the T-Wolves might as well break out the Sex Wax and hit the beach because their season will end soon. No ring. No finals.Just a sniff at finally being able to get past the first round of the playoffs(about time ).Being that your Canadian and Canada has no NBA franchise I figure you should root for the T-Wolves ,ya. because like, Canada ,like had a team but, like Canada couldn't like get with the progam and support the team kinda like the non support the Expos get.So you might as well give them some of the misplaced love Canada couldn't give to Toronto. When you get your ebinics dictioary dude ,look up the word 'wack' and sucka cuz, like that's how your gonna your gonna feel when the T-Wolves biff it guy and get run from the playoffs. Get it. Got it good and Ya,ya Yo,
    Last edited by fit_chick5; 05-27-2004 at 06:02 PM.

First off it was a joke. Second off I didn't know Toronto was in Canada...meaning we have a franchise. Since the grizzlies left Vancouver their attendance has gone down in Memphis, even when they made the playoffs they couldn't sell out. Third, baseball blows and is a sport for lazy people. If you know anything about Canada its that hockey is our sport and thats all we really need. I am the last person to jump on a bandwagon so I will never root for the Lakers, hate them like I hate the Yankees, Rangers and Red Wings. I almost always pick the underdog unless there is a team I have been rooting for years against the underdog. With all that said...*goes back to "ebinics" dictionary*

Dude. realx, release,relate......o.k I 'll take the Toronto Griz crack (meant to say Vacouver) one on the chin. and you can root for whomever you want, I could care less really. If hockey is all Canada really cares about,which I already knew,cool,but if you know anything about The United States Of America you know down in here in the lower 48 we for the most part don't give a ##@ about hockey.The only time the the U.S really cared about hockey is when the 1980 olympic team won gold. Another thing since your are from Canada you don't know jack about ebonics or the various other types of our slang we use other than what you watch on t.v ( yeah I can take a joke ) but if the only thing you can add to the basketball thread regarding the playoffs is an ebonics crack, you missed the point of the discussions taking place, not just by me ,but by the other posters as well .So learn to take it on the chin when you get cracked on for crackin' .That being said ,Lakers stomping the underdog T-Wolves and Detroit smacking Indy.Less of the Refs interferring. More of Shaq learning how to hit a bucket from the free throw line. More of seeing NBA players actually passing the ball around
    Last edited by fit_chick5; 05-27-2004 at 09:37 PM.

I think it will be the Lakers, unfortunately. :phhht
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21
    I think it will be the Lakers, unfortunately. :phhht
    I know it will be the Lakers, fortunately. :phhht

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    Shaq Clank -Izzle sho' nuff gonna be at the line tryin' to break down the backboard with his imitation of a launching intercontinental Trident mississile
    fo' sizzle. Look big daddy diesel I'm not an expert on the game and I'm not a seven footer,but I know this much .If I knew that teams were coming after me because they had no respect for my ability to drain a bucket from the free throw line and that I was the LAUGHING stock of the league for my inability to drain a free throw ,you better believe I'd muscle up and get my skills together. If for nothing else but respect. 50% at the line. 50% at least would mean that "Hack a Shaq " would become somewhat of a liability for other teams.especially when you drop down into the sub five minute range in a tight game. For anyone who has played ball practicing from the free throw line is tedious for sure,but less strenuous then running bleacher laps or hitting the weights. Get up off your fat rectum Shaq and do you reps at the line/ Besides doesn't he have a court at his crib----if not get one sucka it would be a tax write off

Shaq works on his free throws a lot. For what ever reason he just can't seem to make em consistently but trust me, in no way is Shaq the laughing stock of the league. You ask any coach or team in the league and they would gladly give up their right arm to have Shaq. Count the rings baby, count the rings. :phhht

+ Reply to Thread