+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: NBA playoffs

Back to the playoffs.....

OUCH:

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/...e_20040625.htm

CUBAN NOT IMPRESSED: Earlier this week, Dallas owner Mark Cuban had some biting words for the Pistons' run to the championship.

When asked if the league would now try to adopt the Pistons' team concept, Cuban replied: "The Pistons are a very good basketball team. When you play New Jersey and get into a situation where Jason Kidd is hurt, then you play Indiana and you have a situation where Jermaine O'Neal gets hurt, then you play the Lakers and Karl Malone gets hurt ... that's the scenario I want to copy."
    Like all of those players would have individually saved their teams?? Jason Kidd had the most effect on the outcome of that series, but really.... did Malone's injury have THAT much difference in the finals? I think not.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    OUCH:

Like all of those players would have individually saved their teams?? Jason Kidd had the most effect on the outcome of that series, but really.... did Malone's injury have THAT much difference in the finals? I think not.
    So what's Cuban's excuse for his team, seeing as they have yet to even make the finals? Credit where credit is due. Pistons did what they had to and made a lot of people eat there words....including me...

Malones injury was a sizy loss for the lakers, because he is practically the the only defenseman on the lakers(besides GP)

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    OUCH:

I can almost guarentee you if Kidd was healthy for the series and didnt play triple overtime the night before game 6, the Nets would be the NBA championship this year. But who cares because the nets are going down in pieces because of thwe worst money hungry owner ever, bruce ratner.

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    I can almost guarentee you if Kidd was healthy for the series and didnt play triple overtime the night before game 6, the Nets would be the NBA championship this year. But who cares because the nets are going down in pieces because of thwe worst money hungry owner ever, bruce ratner.
    i'm sorry, baskiddball, but i'm going to highly disagree with you about the nets winning the championship.

although the nets are falling apart as a franchise, donald sterling (LA clippers) is prob one of the worst owners ever.

+ Reply to Thread