+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

I hope Lakers get Nash then Clipse will be a Lakers fan.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    What a shocker though, Francis doesn't want to play in Orlando. This guy is the biggest ***hole. First Vancouver drafts him and he doesn't want to play here, he gives us a list of teams, we trade him to one. Now he gets traded and again he bitches and moans. He is getting paid millions to do the job he loves and now is going to be in Orlando. He doesn't deserve to be an athelete. Someone send him to Antarctica to scrub toilets.
    I'm with you Clipse, I really hate it when players do this. They're making millions and already know trades are part of the business, just act like a professional and roll with it. It's not like Orlando would be a crappy place to live either. How scary would Houston be with Yao, who is steadily improving, and T-mac?

I don't see the Lakers trading Shaq to Dallas without Nowitzki and Nash. I think Dallas would be pretty foolish to make that trade because those 2 guys are comin into there prime where as Shaq is gettin' up there in years. I'm praying for Shaq and the Lakers to make peace but.......

I was hoping Portland would be able to grab Luke Jackson at #13, but his stock is rising so much that the rumor is, Chicago traded for the #7 in order to take him there.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

i'm excited for the draft tonight as well. i hope the Spurs take Delonte West with their pick in the first... but knowing them, they'll probably take some foreign guy that'll suprise me next year.

i'm sick of hearing about shaq!!

is tmac going to houston or what? yao + tmac could be tough to handle.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    What did you guys think of the draft? I wasn't familiar with any of the names except for maybe Okafor. I was pretty surprised at Orlando not taking him first. I may be in the minority here but I think there should be a 2year minimum of college before you can enter the draft.

FORT Fan
    I guess the draft was more interesting than usual because no one knew where they'd end up.

I hope Nowitzki is part of the Shaq trade because I'd be scared to see the two of them on the same team. You could cover up Dirk's defensive liabilities pretty well by giving him a 350 lb safety net.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

imo, If I was LA's GM, there's no way I'd listen to Cuban's proposals without Dirk involved.

Last night's draft was weird. I totally agree with Dick Vitale... developmental draft. How can all those teams (BOS, MIA, etc) pass on Jameer Nelson? I was hoping Delonte West or Tony Allen would slip to the Spurs at #27.

I like David Stern's '20 year minimum' plan. I'm sick of all these high schoolers that just sit on the end of the bench and slowly develop. Agents are the only ones that gain from these high schoolers getting drafted. Sure, we got Lebron last year but how often does a gem like that come and go? Ask Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler, Eddie Curry, etc

I loved hearing the talks about San Antonio trying to get Kobe in free agency!!

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    What did you guys think of the draft? I wasn't familiar with any of the names except for maybe Okafor. I was pretty surprised at Orlando not taking him first. I may be in the minority here but I think there should be a 2year minimum of college before you can enter the draft.
    I agree with you, Ex... rare is the player that can make the immediate leap from high school to the NBA.

I'm glad to see Okafor and Gordon go 2-3. After 3 years in CT I became pretty loyal.. these two are fabulous players.

I thought the draft sucked for my Blazers. I know they wanted Luke Jackson, but he kept moving up the board.

Sebastian Telfair at 13?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Bill, I thought Portland's picks were a bit off. It seems like if they wanted Telfair that bad, they could have moved back in the draft and gotten something else out of the deal. I don't think anyone would have taken him for another 4 or 5 spots. Heck he might have been around at 22.
    I like the sonics pick of Swift. The sonics need a big man desperately. Of course we already have a glut of Centers that haven't worked out, Jerome James, Calvin Booth, Vitaly Potapenko. I think they are having a garage sale next week.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

+ Reply to Thread