+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    how could Darko be gone? he was your first round draft pick. did he not sign longer than one year? makes no sense to me

Detroit's offseason, imo:
    1. resign sheed
    2. see if they have enough money leftover for okur
    3. not sure what's campbell's contract status is, he's aging anyways

Just reporting what I've heard. Sheed has been talking about wanting to spend more time with his family, and I'm not sure that they're big fans of living up here... so I'm not comfy with us resigning him. I would be more comfy with taking Campbell at his salary than pay Sheed his asking price.

The Darko leaving scenario is just one that's been the talk. I'm not sure if they'll put him on the trading block... or he just might be comfortably set here. I wouldn't mind.

I work at the RenCen... so the parade will be right outside tomorrow and next door at Hart Plaza. I live in Auburn Hills about a mile away from the Palace, so I'll get to deal with the crowd at the celebration there tomorrow afternoon on my way home. It's a fun mess to have to endure.

Wow. And now the **&^ is going to hit the fan. Everyone is basically looking to get out of the Laker organization. I really am Impressed with Detroit. They rocked the house last night.

Well,well,well I've been drunk off of my feet with celebration.I tossed my beer ,tossed my cookies and then I tossed more beer to get that 'tossed cookie'taste out of mu mouth. to all of the nay sayers out there.....scoreboard!!! to all the predictions of a Laker comeback....scoreboard....to all of the Kobe,Kobe,Shoq,Shaq sceamers......scoreboard.
    They Lakers were holding on by a tread or should I say a catgut stich .like Frakenstein that monster francise was put together with body parts raided from the NBA graveyard and like that monster they went down in flames. Like rats scurrying to get off a sinking ship the Lakers are fleeing ;only problem is when they reach the coast they have to look out for all the earthquakes shaking thinks up in Cali. Detriot Pistion World Champions of Basketball!!
    Last edited by did_it_again; 06-17-2004 at 03:03 PM.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Besides the Celtics, the Laker franchise is one of the most dominant in NBA history..count the rings....to anyone who thinks the Lakers are done...count the rings. They lost to a better team and there really ain't no shame in that. Even with all the drama this season and injuries lakers were able to win the Pacific and beat the power house teams in the west to make it to the finals. The Lakers know how to build a winner and I guarantee it wont be 14 years before Los Angeles Lakers are World Champions of Basketball.....Again.......cou nt the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    count the rings.
    Count how many times I say this, I don't care. With their star guys going Payton, Malone, Kobe, Fisher, maybe even Shaq they are done.

Lets go Clippers!!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Count how many times I say this, I don't care. With their star guys going Payton, Malone, Kobe, Fisher, maybe even Shaq they are done.

Lets go Clippers!!
    If Shaq leaves Kobe will probably be back and they can build around him, Malone wants to stay if he is healthy next year, and with Phil gone Payton might stay. True the Lakers need to re-tool but, they are far from done. I love the Clippers too but the Donald drives me crazy. They had the chance a few years back to draft Mike Bibby and they pick freakin' Olowakandi. Then they trade Darius Miles for Andre Miller and let him go the next year. I thought they had a lot to build on with Richardson, Miles, Odom, Brand and Maggette but....

tmac/howard/lue/gaines for francis/mobley/cato = blockbuster

What a shocker though, Francis doesn't want to play in Orlando. This guy is the biggest ***hole. First Vancouver drafts him and he doesn't want to play here, he gives us a list of teams, we trade him to one. Now he gets traded and again he bitches and moans. He is getting paid millions to do the job he loves and now is going to be in Orlando. He doesn't deserve to be an athelete. Someone send him to Antarctica to scrub toilets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ball&type=lgns

marion involved now cause francis is a b!tch.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article....23_212825_2740

Report: Jamison traded to Wizards

Dallas' apparent trading of Jamison to Washington is believed to be just one step in ultimately acquiring the disgruntled Shaq from L.A.

It appears the Mavericks have decided to get better bait to land the prized fish.

According to ESPN.com, the Dallas Mavericks have sent Antawn Jamison to the Washington Wizards in exchange for their fifth overall draft pick, Jerry Stackhouse, and Christian Laettner.

Sources believe Dallas will use their newly acquired pick as part of a package to try and obtain Shaquille O'Neal from the Los Angeles Lakers. Sources also believe it is unlikely Stackhouse would remain in Dallas.

As reported by ESPN.com Tuesday, the Lakers refuse to deal O'Neal to their Western rivals unless Dallas makes Dirk Nowitzki available. Mavericks sources told ESPN that Nowitzki is off-limits but is hoping a package including the fifth round draft pick, point guard Steve Nash (sign and trade), Antoine Walker and rookie Josh Howard will at least get the Lakers attention.

Jamison won the Sixth Man award this season and will add an immediate scoring punch to the rebuilding Wizards.

ESPN is also reporting the Phoenix Suns have traded their seventh overall draft pick to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for one of the Bulls' second-round picks (No. 31), a future first-rounder and an undisclosed sum of cash.

This looks good, unless they deal Nash to the Lakers, then I will have to be a Lakers fan

+ Reply to Thread