+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Kobe was shut down. That was the difference. He needed to bring it this series and he didn't. He averaged around 20 PPG but anyone who watched the games knows that he was off.

I am surprised, I thought I would come in here and the delusional Laker fans would be talking about it being a best of 9 and the Lakers are just wanting to win it at home.

Again Kobe tried to do it all tonight and was getting owned. I can't wait to see the Lakers fall apart during the offseason and go from the best to a struggling team to make the playoffs. Then we will see who the true fans are.

BTW: Welcome to Clippers fan club Womynlee. I have been a fan of them for about 4 years now. Nothing beats my Clippers

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Oh the PAIN...the AGONY....just kidding. Time for me to jump on the Detroit band wagon. Pistons RULE! Can't wait to go buy my Wallace jersey at Sportmart tomorrow!........SIKE! I still love my Lakers and know we'll be back next year. 3 outta 5 is still pretty good. Congratulations to Detroit and all their fans. Hopefully this is the birth to a new Pistons, Lakers rivalry like back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Oh the PAIN...the AGONY....just kidding. Time for me to jump on the Detroit band wagon. Pistons RULE! Can't wait to go buy my Wallace jersey at Sportmart tomorrow!........SIKE! I still love my Lakers and know we'll be back next year. 3 outta 5 is still pretty good. Congratulations to Detroit and all their fans. Hopefully this is the birth to a new Pistons, Lakers rivalry like back in the day.
    I'm wondering what the Lakers will look like next year. I was actually impressed with Rush and Fisher, and Payton still has a lot of skill but not in the Jackson-style. I hope they allow the young guys to stay and develop now that Malone and hopefully Kobe are gone.

FORT Regular
    I think I am one of the few people in So Cal that can't stand the lakers. I am so happy the Pistons beat them. Great game last night, even better game was Sunday nights game. The Pistons deserved to win they were the better team by far during the finals

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I'm wondering what the Lakers will look like next year. I was actually impressed with Rush and Fisher, and Payton still has a lot of skill but not in the Jackson-style. I hope they allow the young guys to stay and develop now that Malone and hopefully Kobe are gone.
    I think Jackson and Fox are probably done. I think Kobe and Payton will be back if Jackson's gone and Malone will be back if his knee heals. I would actually like to see the same group back under a new coach and the addition of a consistent small forward who can shoot the 3. Any team with Shaq has got to be considered at least a contender no matter what. What, if any, moves do you think Detroit should/will make? What up with Darko?

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I think Jackson and Fox are probably done. I think Kobe and Payton will be back if Jackson's gone and Malone will be back if his knee heals. I would actually like to see the same group back under a new coach and the addition of a consistent small forward who can shoot the 3. Any team with Shaq has got to be considered at least a contender no matter what. What, if any, moves do you think Detroit should/will make? What up with Darko?
    I'm thinking Darko will be gone. There's a lot of talk about Rasheed Wallace being gone, as if we pay him his salary then we wouldnt really be able to keep Eldin Campbell... and I'm thinking Campbell is in our best interests long term. He's a great backup right now and will continue to be a very strong player.

Other than that.... still rumors that Dumars wants Tracy O'Grady. Why? I have no clue.... we need a team player, not a *star.*

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I'm thinking Darko will be gone. There's a lot of talk about Rasheed Wallace being gone, as if we pay him his salary then we wouldnt really be able to keep Eldin Campbell... and I'm thinking Campbell is in our best interests long term. He's a great backup right now and will continue to be a very strong player.

Other than that.... still rumors that Dumars wants Tracy O'Grady. Why? I have no clue.... we need a team player, not a *star.*

how could Darko be gone? he was your first round draft pick. did he not sign longer than one year? makes no sense to me

Detroit's offseason, imo:
    1. resign sheed
    2. see if they have enough money leftover for okur
    3. not sure what's campbell's contract status is, he's aging anyways

Laker's offseason:
    too much of a mess. they need serious depth, athleticism, and jump shooters...

i read somewhere Tmac wants to play either for LA or the spurs... that's fine by me since I'm a Spurs fan.

CONGRATS PISTONS!!

ben wallace was amazing last night. how about those put back dunks?

Mailman and GP!!

Tmac update

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ball&type=lgns

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    Magic: Pacers GM says T-Mac being shopped

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Wednesday, June 16, 2004

News
    It's no secret that the Magic and Tracy McGrady are going through a touchy, pivotal period in their relationship, and McGrady is planning to meet with owner Rich DeVos on Friday. However, Pacers general manager Donnie Walsh told the Indianapolis Star that the Magic are already shopping the league's leading scorer. When asked if he could work out a trade for McGrady, Walsh responded, "We could make it work, absolutely. I have spoken to somebody in their organization, and I sensed there was interest there. What they're telling me is, there's a good chance he's going to be traded. So, yeah, a player like that out there, we're definitely going to be interested."

Views
    McGrady is a free agent after the 2004-05 season and counts $14.5 million against the salary cap in the year ahead. So, we'd think that the Pacers and other hopeful championship clubs would be willing to take on that one-year hit for a stronger shot at the O'Brien trophy. However, a team would need to deal the Magic at least two sizable contracts (and presumably good players) to make a deal work. Expect the T-Mac trade rumors to heat up around the league after he meets with ownership on Friday.

+ Reply to Thread