+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

If it were reverse and Lakers were up 3-1, this series would not be as exciting nor ratings wouldn't be as high. The refs gave the majority of the calls to Detroit and allowed them to play aggressive. I hope tomorrow night we can see some real basketball being played by the Lakers.

Well I am a Laker's fan and I have to say they are being out played. Detroit is simply moving the ball better and faster. Kobe poor Kobe.....what more can I say?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    If it were reverse and Lakers were up 3-1, this series would not be as exciting nor ratings wouldn't be as high. The refs gave the majority of the calls to Detroit and allowed them to play aggressive. I hope tomorrow night we can see some real basketball being played by the Lakers.
    So you're trying to imply that the refs are the only ones putting Detroit up 3-1 in an effort to keep the series long and get higher ratings?? I can count on one hand the calls that I felt were missed on our behalf and meanwhile the Lakers have more than doubled Detroit in foul calls. Detroit has outplayed, outlasted, and outwitted (whoops, wrong show)... they have outshot, outran, and outD'd the Lakers. THAT is what has put them up 3-1 in this series (with a legitimate probability of having swept the series 4-0.)

I, too, hope the Lakers show up to play some real basketball. I honestly feel a bit sorry for Shaq that no one else, Kobe included, has shown up to play their normal game. Kobe, Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, the announcers, former players, and national sports broadcasters can admit that Detroit has more than outplayed the Lakers... why can't the fans?
    Last edited by Broadway; 06-14-2004 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    So you're trying to imply that the refs are the only ones putting Detroit up 3-1 in an effort to keep the series long and get higher ratings?? I can count on one hand the calls that I felt were missed on our behalf and meanwhile the Lakers have more than doubled Detroit in foul calls. Detroit has outplayed, outlasted, and outwitted (whoops, wrong show)... they have outshot, outran, and outD'd the Lakers. THAT is what has put them up 3-1 in this series (with a legitimate probability of having swept the series 4-0.)

I, too, hope the Lakers show up to play some real basketball. I honestly feel a bit sorry for Shaq that no one else, Kobe included, has shown up to play their normal game. Kobe, Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson, the announcers, former players, and national sports broadcasters can admit that Detroit has more than outplayed the Lakers... why can't the fans?

LA fans need to realize that the pistons are the better team. Defense wins championships... ask the Spurs, the Patriots, the Lightning... and soon to be champs, the Pistons.

How can LA be crying about not getting calls? Remember when they got every call their way against the Kings, game 7 in 20002 WC Finals?

GO PISTONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway

I think it was obvious uneven officiating only in the last game...a crucial game. Detroit is a great team...and they have been outplaying us. Like Magic said, "It's disrespectful to the Pistons to think this series was going to be easy." We need to go in competing. I think the last two losses just guaranteed tonight's win. With that comes momentum...and we'll win the next two at home. If it doesn't happen then I'll post an apology for being "a tad arrogant" and "unaware."

Quote Originally Posted by ping007

LA fans need to realize that the pistons are the better team. Defense wins championships... ask the Spurs, the Patriots, the Lightning... and soon to be champs, the Pistons.

How can LA be crying about not getting calls? Remember when they got every call their way against the Kings, game 7 in 20002 WC Finals?

GO PISTONS!!
    By the way, if I'm right and Lakers are the champions this year then I expect Detroit and anti Laker fans "to realize that the Lakers are the better team." It's one thing to win a championship and it's another to come back from a 3-1 deficit.

The Lakers will have to play quite a bit better than they have so far in this series to win the thing. I have my doubts that they'll even win tonight. They look old and slow, and Kobe's desperation shooting is killing them. They should just feed Shaq every trip down the floor. Then they might have a chance. Nobody can defend him.

Tonight should be an outstanding game, but unless the Lakers play with an urgency they've not exhibited so far, it'll be over.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I don't think were going to see a 7 game series. I'm not so surprised the Lakers may not win even though I picked them to win in 7, but I am surprised at how Kobe has been shut down and I'm really impressed with the Pistons defense. Wow. I hope the Lakers win tonight because I still want to see some more NBA action because I just can;t bare to watch the wnba.

Tonight is the night. Tonight is the night.

Yeah..."tonight is the night" the Lakers are going to win in Detroit.

+ Reply to Thread