+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Great team work L.A.

24 points by everyone other than Shaq and Kobe? They do not deserve to win the championship at all. Detroit is being unselfish and cycling the ball around, their team work is kickin some Laker ass. Its great to see

I only saw a few minutes of tonights game, but enough to see Tom Tolbert's suit. I didn't think it was possible to make something that hideous.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Detroit is definately moving the ball better. Looks like Phil doesn't know how to coach when his superstars aren't controlling the game for him. Kobe was awful last night.

I enjoyed watching LA complain to the refs about calls. Especially the Kobe T, as honestly, that kind of contact happens everytime down the floor, it's just the Lakers aren't used to having it called on them.

I will hate seeing Rasheed get a ring, but I am enjoying the hell out of the Lakers self-destructing.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I enjoyed watching LA complain to the refs about calls.

That was highly amusing when they talked a great deal about Jackson *coaching* the press with his comments on Saturday about wishing LA was getting the calls that Detroit was getting. Imagine such a thing... a team getting preferential treatment???

Then he was talking in the press conference about getting the early T as a means to motivating his team. He had a self-deprecating laugh when he said something along the lines of "I guess it was too early for it to work."

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    I only saw a few minutes of tonights game, but enough to see Tom Tolbert's suit. I didn't think it was possible to make something that hideous.

Let me state this for the recored:I want Detroit to win this series,but my world does not revolve around them and I am not a Laker Hater.Simply because the Lakers have had success and have a front office that does what other front offices can only dream of doing is something organizations need to work harder on in order to achieve that type of success.
    As far as the Pistons go ,yeah, I want them to win,but the Pistons do not put money in my pocket nor do they cook my meals or snuggle up to me on a cold blistery night ; so in the unforseen act of their having a cataclysmic implosion resulting in a Lakers come back to win this series(never happen) my life will go on .Should the Pistons win ,I'll toss down a beer and say "yeah"

That being said I must say this(for the record that is ).................Detroit is stepping off in the Lakers rectum like Cinderella stepped off into that glass slipper and danced the night away and come midnight it won't be the Pistons who turn into a pumkin;it will good 'ol Phillip and his hippie weed advocating loving self and the Lakers who like my sisters pumkin pie will go home half baked.

Man, that suit Tolbert wore last night was so ugly it was funky and I wish I had it so I could wear it out to the club. ---seriously, I would!

I am no particular fan of the Lakers neither the Pistons but I gotta say that I am very surprised that the Lakers are down by 2 games. I guess I under-estimated the Pistons and I take back everything I ever said about the Pistons not being able to beat the Lakers. Whoever wins, wins! All I have to say is that the Lakers have a lot of catching up to do.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

First of all, I think Tolbert's suit ruled! He's worn suits like that all through the finals.

Second of all, I'm a huge Pistons fan but even I'm surprised at how they are dominating the Lakers. I feel a little bad for Shaq, because he's busting his hump and trying to drag the team along by himself. I respect Shaq. I do not respect Kobe. He's such a prima donna. He won't give Rip a freakin' bit of credit for holding him in check. He's always like, "the shots just ain't goin' in." Maybe its because you're chasing Rip on one end and having Prince up in your grill on the other end.

The Pistons needs to close this out on Tuesday. Step on the Lakers' collective neck and kick the hell out of them, like in Game 7 of New Jersey.

Eric

Ever since the 2-3-2 format, no home team has won all middle three. With that, Lakers are going to win tomorrow night. If they can come back from a 0-2 to finish off the Spurs, then they can win the next three. It's not over and Detroit has yet to feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Ever since the 2-3-2 format, no home team has won all middle three. With that, Lakers are going to win tomorrow night. If they can come back from a 0-2 to finish off the Spurs, then they can win the next three. It's not over and Detroit has yet to feel comfortable.
    true, while it's not over until it's over... trust me, i know how my Spurs basically got swept ... what's LA gonna do in game 5? mailman is beat up, the glove definitely doesn't fit into this triangle offense, no bench, no athleticism, etc. while i expect LA to rebound, the end is near for this 'hall of fame' group... ding dong, the witch is dead!

GO PISTONS, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee

There's a first time for everything. No team has ever come from being down 3-1 to win, either... so that doesn't bode well for your Lakers.

The game that the Lakers needed to win was last night. If they couldn't put a decent game together last night, there is very little there that makes me honestly think that they can put together winning 3 games in a row.

Doesn't mean that I'm comfortably predicting a win for tomorrow... it's still going to be a major fight. But Jackson and his boys look like they really had no idea what was going to hit them (a solid 7 person team at the very least) and I can't see them digging themselves out of the hole.

+ Reply to Thread