+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    No, Rip Hamilton was guarding Kobe in game 2 and IIRC game 1 as well. Kobe spoke often about how Rip wore him out in Game 1.

Kobe was definitely off and he can't blame it on the rest of the team. His defense stunk right up there with his offense, which allowed Hamilton to score 31 points.
    I believe Kobe was talking about being worn out by Rip from guarding him and chasing him through tons of screens, not from Rip guarding him. Kobe was off though. I expect the Lakers to come back strong next game.
    Even if it was 3-0 Detroit i'd still pick Lakers in 7, they beat the Spurs 4 in a row. It ain't over till it's over.

Go Detroit!

i hate the Lakers, finally a team that isn't scared to play them

although it's far from over, those Pistons look strong and hopefully they'll take the next 2 and send them punks back home crying...

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I believe Kobe was talking about being worn out by Rip from guarding him and chasing him through tons of screens, not from Rip guarding him.
    I'll give you that... had even considered it because Rip's a little pitbull. But, I've confirmed since my original post that Rip was on Kobe in Games 1 and 2... and they switched to Prince in game 3 (after he stopped short of getting on his knees begging Brown to give him the job )

Nice little skit, did_it_again. Last game sure was "D-Day."
    Lakers are going to win it at home...the way us "tad arrogant Lakers fans" like it.

Tiny little tidbit: possible charges are being looked at by the Auburn Hills police against Karl Malone for shoving his finger in the face of a fan on Thursday night.

Okay... now that would be a little stupid. I would expect they'll come back Monday and say no charges will be made.

I know...I know, Broadway, I'm watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I know...I know, Broadway, I'm watching the game.

I wasn't going to ask. Dayum, what a game!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Oh, Karl. What now? As big as he is and he's going around poking people in the eye? Why are the Lakers looking so scrappy? I've never in my years seen them play like this. Say what you will about him, he's a great player - and I know as well as anyone he "pushes" the rules to the limit - but he, along with the rest of the team, are coming off as desperate.

So when does the Kid Rock/National Anthem flack hit the fan? Hit me with your best shot - I'm ready for it!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Maybe it's because I am a native Detroiter (metro area..) from the Bad Boy era, but I so prefer the ugly, physical style of basketball rather than the pansy dominance that you get from some teams. I'd rather see an aggressive 70-65 game than a 125-120 game where you had each team running the court on each play without much contact.

Now I'm not advocating elbows-in-the-face style ball... but give me the bumping and nudging every day.

Sorry to bump this up ten days, but I didn't see it until just now. I agree with you about the Bad Boy era, when b-ball was physical. It's just more technical now, but I like to see the guys out there playing basketball instead of chess.

(You're not advocating elbows-in-the-face? Hmmm....I guess that takes Karl off the roster! )

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Hats off to Detroit they did what they had to and are in good position to win it all......OUCH! That hurt more than I thought it would.
    Pretty disappointed in the Lakers, Kobe's off again, Karl's hurt, and nobody but Shaq stepped up.
    The Laker fan in me says they take the next 3 in a row
    but I think I'm gonna be in the end.

+ Reply to Thread