+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Tonight's game has the potential to be as devastating for the Lakers as Game Two could have been for Detroit. The Pistons rose to the occasion and put that game behind them. I wonder if the Lakers will do the same on Sunday. Honestly, they look completely outclassed right now, and the Pistons are exposing their lack of depth. This thing might be over in five. I doubt it, but it's certainly possible.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Yeah, Lakers really stunk it up. I expect them to bounce back Sunday though. Kobe won't be off that bad 2 games in a row and hopefully the rest helps out Malone's knee. I'm still picking Lakers in 7.

Putting Prince on Kobe seemed to work some magic. I'd give more credit to Prince's defense than to Kobe being off.

We should be up 3 games right now, but game 2 was ugly for both teams. Both teams blew some major leads and made stupid errors throughout the game... our final mistakes just came at the end. Kobe's shot didn't beat us in game 2... a really crappy 2nd (and 3rd, really) quarter did. Whatever the results in this series, I'm glad that Detroit is finally getting the nationwide respect that they deserve.

I'm also glad they've shown that Shaq and Kobe do not, in fact, walk on water.

They showed on SportsCenter how Tayshaun's long arms forced Kobe to adjust his shot again and again. I tend to agree with you, Broadway. Kobe MAY have been off, but Tayshaun had a LOT to do with it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Tayshaun has been guarding Kobe the whole series. This is the only game where his scoring was off. What affected him was the double-triple team and nobody else hitting shots to keep the defense honest. Prince is a good defender but there is no magic about it.

I hate the Lakers.

But if Rasheed Wallace wins an NBA championship after choking so badly in Portland, and being a general asshole, then I swear I will never watch the NBA again.

It already is barely a step above pro wrestling.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Teacher: " Good morning class."
    Class: " Good morning teacher"
    Teacher: "Today we are going to review last weeks lesson of the alphabet and go over the letter 'D'. Last week we learned the letter 'D' is the fourth letter in the alphabet and follows A,B,and C. Can anyone here tell me what begins with the letter 'D'."
    The teacher sees one disinterested child a little older then the rest, slumped down in his chair biting his nails.
    Teacher: "You , over there ,Philip can you tell the class what begins with the letter 'D'? "
    Philip : " Uh, I don't know"
    Teacher : " O,h come ,come now Philip. Why don't you venture to take a guess."
    Philip: Uh, O.K. Uh... Triangle offense???"
    Teacher: Exploding. " NOOO! Now, Philip you've had almost a whole week to prepare for this.Off to the corner with you where you will have to wear the dunce cap,which by the way begins with the letter 'D'.
    Teacher composes himself and takes a deep breath.
    Teacher: " O.K class teacher just lost his cool for a moment ,but now everything's O.K. Anybody else want to take a guess. What begins with the letter 'D'?
    Teacher spies a spastic little boy with his hands raised high in the air shouting louder than everyone else "Me.,me,me"
    Teacher: " O.K Kobe, why don't you tell the class what begins with the letter'D'
    Kobe: Me!!! I begin with the letter 'D' and I end with the letter 'D' because everything begins and ends with ME!!!!"
    Teacher buries his face into his hands.
    Teacher: No,no,no. How many times must I tell you Kobe. The world revolves around the sun and it takes the sun 365 days,not counting leap year of course, to do so. So what makes you think the world revolves around you. And because "'D' rhymes with 'ME' doen't mean a thing. TO the corner with you,Philip make some room!!!"
    Frustrated teacher see a child,bigger and stronger than the rest begin to stand up to answer ,but as he does another little child jumps up to answer and inadvertently bumps in to the big kid. Seeing this the teacher intervenes
    Teacher: "Shaq, Why don't you stand up front with me and tell the class what begins with the letter 'D'.
    Shaq: "uh, I was just on my way to the bathroom teach."
    Teach that's o.k why don't you just tell the class what begins with the letter 'd' and i'll let you go"
    Shaq walks slowly to the front of the class,but he just can not answer the question.
    Teacher: "Shaq ,why don't you answer what's wrong you had almost a week to prepare?"
    Shaq: uh, well see the other day I fell out the tree and I hurt my hand and I... uh ,I tried ,but, uh......
    Teacher: ENOUGH!!! I'm sick of your excuses Shaq. Why even Kobe answered the question and all he did was finish high school,you on the other hand technically went to college. To the corner, No on the other hand why don't the three of you just go to DETENTION and take you other little friends with you.
    Now for the rest of you I'm gonna give you a few key words that begin with the letter 'D' so listen up and listen up good.
    'D stands for DETROIT
    'D' stands for DEFENSE and
    'D' stands for DOMINATE
    And with that Teacher finished his lesson and gave the rest of the class cake and ice cream while the other bad little kids went to Detention

This little skit brought to you by the "In your Face Corporation"

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Tayshaun has been guarding Kobe the whole series. This is the only game where his scoring was off. What affected him was the double-triple team and nobody else hitting shots to keep the defense honest. Prince is a good defender but there is no magic about it.

No, Rip Hamilton was guarding Kobe in game 2 and IIRC game 1 as well. Kobe spoke often about how Rip wore him out in Game 1.

Kobe was definitely off and he can't blame it on the rest of the team. His defense stunk right up there with his offense, which allowed Hamilton to score 31 points.
    Last edited by Broadway; 06-11-2004 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I hate the Lakers.

But if Rasheed Wallace wins an NBA championship after choking so badly in Portland, and being a general asshole, then I swear I will never watch the NBA again.

It already is barely a step above pro wrestling.
    true, while sheed might be an ass... NO ONE compares to the 'dirtiest player of all time", karl malone. every rebound involves high elbows and every layup involves a high knee kick. i HATE that guy!!

GO PISTONS, please!! easily should be up 3-0

At least Malone doesn't T himself out of game after game after game. Rasheed's technical totals - at least in the recent past - are embarrassing. Maintain some composure, man!

In the end, about this time next year, with Sheed comfortable in his new max contract in Detroit and back to his old surly self, Pistons fans will look back and wonder, "what did he actually accomplish in these games?" Especially in the 4th quarter, his usual time for disappearing.

Hurt or not, he is actually playing better than he normally does in the playoffs when healthy. He is playing for his off-season deal, and the Pistons are going to fall for the "Larry Brown is North Carolina just like Sheed, they can talk."

This is the follow on from Portland hiring an inept coach (though a very nice man, and not just for the National Anthem incident) in Maurice Cheeks. "Maurice is from Philly, just like Sheed, they can talk."

Now you have to remember that Sheed actually is quite generous in the community, even back in Philly, but he is an embarrassment to the team, and picks his days to actually come and play. He gets himself booted out of key games. He screams obscenities at officials that even the folks in the cheap seats can hear (though on some nights, I couldn't blame him, in the western conference, Kobe is allowed to run over people and still get foul shots to bail him out when he misses wild off balance shots) He basically learned from former teammate and friend JR Rider's self destruction. He learned not to act bad in a contract year. We shall see if he can keep it up.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread