+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Ahh... but as the announcers mentioned several times last night, if it hadn't been for the Pistons' turnovers last night.. the game would have been a complete blowout in the other direction. 101-61, easy.

I still think it's going to be a solid 7 game series. To think either team is going to sweep 4 straight games is a tad arrogant and a little unaware. The Lakers are a fabulous team, but they have their weaknesses, as proven last night. If you quit worrying about Shaq and Kobe and shut the rest of the team down....
    That is true, to say that the Lakers are going to sweep is a "tad arrogant" but NOT "unaware." Just an overzealous, UN-humble, LAKER fan!

I'm glad you didnt take that as a personal insult, Womyn... it wasn't meant that way and I started to question the wording later. It was a generality about Laker fans (which you appear to still fall within. lol)

Heck, I'm still picking Lakers in 7, but it sure was fun to see the fans shut up for once during a game. I swear I heard crickets in the stands.

Question: did anyone else notice the darned camera man had an obsession with the rather well-endowed woman behind Phil Jackson? Did he want a little more face time, or what????

I watched this game expecting more physical play given these two teams past history. I have no favorite between the two,but I would like to see it get a little gritty. I need a fix because football season is still a ways off so a little physicality would be nice since I'm not a fan of the finese game.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Okay, I've been fighting the urge for too long. Of course I've always been a Jazz fan, hence a Karl Malone fan. Karl does get physical too often. And he may not be the most well-spoken player in the league. But give the guy a break! He's a great player, he's a team player and deserves credit for his efforts. He holds several records. I don't think he deserves to be the Lakers' fall guy.

um, jmho

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I think the physical play will come around the 3rd game. Thats's about how long it takes for the animosity to build. Detroit's offense was great and the Lakers were pretty stale which is what usually happens to them after long breaks. I would be shocked if this series doesn't go to 7.

Karl Malone has always said that he is the guy you hate when he's on the other team but love when he's on your team. That is so true because I hated him when he was on the Jazz and love him now, but even if he goes to another team next year I'll still be able to appreciate how hard he works and what a great team player he is.

Being a Lakers fan it pains me to say this but I hate the Staples center. Those "crickets" you heard during the game, I'm sad to say, is a pretty regular thing. Too many movie stars and corporate season tickets holders while the hardcore fans are up in the nose bleed seats unseen and unheard. Lakers games have become too much of a place to be seen at rather than a place to see the game.

Well,well,well looks like we might all get us here a series and not a roll over after all. I know it's only one game and I watched what the laker did to Philly after they dropped the first game,but for some reason I don't think the Pistons are going down like that. I would love to see Malone get that ring. I can not imagine how it would feel to want it so bad,put in so many grueling years and not walk away with a championship,although I know how hard it is to work a grueling job year after year with out a raise. I'm still hoping for 7 at the least 6 . I expect the Lakers to spread the ball around and kick it outside.When you have Shaq puttin that many points,not to mention Kobe and also have The Pistons turn the ball over that many times and not win that says a lot for the Pistons

Detroit still took the first game in the Lakers crib Defense shut those boys down. If he Lkers keep playing the way they do it won't go 7 games because the Pistons don't have time to wait for the Lakers to get their act together. The Pistons came ready to play. What's wrong with th Lakers don't they want win

That was an amazing 3-point shot by Kobe last night. I don't like the guy, and I still think he plays way too selfishly (witness his final shots at the end of each of the 2nd and 3rd quarters), but I can't deny he's very talented. I was very excited for the Pistons when they were up 6 with so little time remaining. Can't believe Larry Brown didn't tell them to just foul Shaq if he wound up with the ball. Two Shaq free throws can't beat you; a Kobe three can, even with the ironically woeful 14% 4th quarter 3-point percentage they popped up on the screen just moments before he hit the shot.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hats off to Luke Walton!! Sometimes, you really need a young kid with energy and desire to remind the vets why they play the game. Great miracle shot once again by the talented Kobe, yes, but without Luke's presence, it wouldn't have mattered. I, too, disliked Karl when he was a Jazz man, but always appreciated his work ethic and attitude. He's the main reason, other than just being a Laker fan, that I want them to pull this off. Now, Payton, I never liked him, never appreciated him, hate his whining, and it's fine with me if he stays on the bench. Go Lakers!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Sometimes I wonder if they Lakers do want to win. I am impressed with they're sense of composer. They never seem to get rattled and King Phillip looks like he's so bored half the time. Larry Brown.Genius except yeah, you gotta foul Shaq.I don't care if he does seem to hit his free throws near the end of a game or not; you have to foul him. Kobe. He scares me sometimes. I don't know how he does it ,but damn.....
    Lets see how they do in Detroit. This was how things started of with San Antonio I belive.

+ Reply to Thread