+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

I think it will be a great series, if, as has been noted, they let them play, instead of calling penny ante fouls. Of course, if it gets to Bad Boy level, the refs will start calling everything to keep it under control. I don't think it's a given that LA will run away with it, which is Ok by me, as long as they take the trophy home at the end. The Kobe/Rip match-up should be very interesting, especially, since they played one another back in their high school days.
    Sing & dance the night away!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    FYI.. I don't know if any of you have seen that in downtown Detroit we have a *spirit* statue that normally gets decorated with a Red Wings jersey when the Wings are in the playoffs. Well, today the statue is getting a pistons jersey AND a Ben Wallace 'fro wig. Hilarious!

That would be cool to see. This is the matchup I've been waiting for. I think Rasheed is gonna be the thorn in our side. The Rip/Kobe matchup should be good but I think we'll see a lot of Prince guarding Kobe because his D will be wasted on George.

Watch the action in the paint. It's all going down inside the paint. Bodies will be flying. It's going to get ugly in there.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Watch the action in the paint. It's all going down inside the paint. Bodies will be flying. It's going to get ugly in there.
    Maybe it's because I am a native Detroiter (metro area..) from the Bad Boy era, but I so prefer the ugly, physical style of basketball rather than the pansy dominance that you get from some teams. I'd rather see an aggressive 70-65 game than a 125-120 game where you had each team running the court on each play without much contact.

Now I'm not advocating elbows-in-the-face style ball... but give me the bumping and nudging every day.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I think you're gonna get your wish broadway. Both teams are half court teams that like to wear their opponents down. I'm so glad it's Detroit in the finals and not Indiana or the Nets again.

This isn't an actual pic but here's an artist's rendition:

Should be pretty cool when it's done.

Susan Boyle INSPIRATIONAL meangean's Avatar
    Game 1: Pistons 87 - 75

Someone make Tom Tolbert a crow sandwich. He said the Pistons can't beat the Lakers only scoring 75 - 85 pts./game. I believe they can ( and did tonite ) when they hold their opponents to 60s - 70s pts.

I wonder if, when the series moves to Detroit, they will have the best guard combo in the history of the NBA ( V. Johnson, J. Dumars, & I. Thomas ) interviewed on the sideline before any of the games?

Lakers are going to win the next four, only to give one up to Detroit. Just like against Phliadelphia a few years ago.

Ahh... but as the announcers mentioned several times last night, if it hadn't been for the Pistons' turnovers last night.. the game would have been a complete blowout in the other direction. 101-61, easy.

I still think it's going to be a solid 7 game series. To think either team is going to sweep 4 straight games is a tad arrogant and a little unaware. The Lakers are a fabulous team, but they have their weaknesses, as proven last night. If you quit worrying about Shaq and Kobe and shut the rest of the team down....

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    I was pretty close on my round 2 predictions.

I'm gonna say this for the conference finals...

LA over minny in 6
    Detroit over indy in 6

i'm so glad detroit took game 1!! i'm not making a prediction this time because everyone is saying lakers in 6 or 7. GO DETROIT!!

i don't mind the lakers as a team but i can't even put into words how much i HATE the mailman.

"you know what karl malone call "rap"? he call it "crap"." - jimmy kimmel as karl malone on 'the man show'.

+ Reply to Thread