+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 MLB Season

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    Mariner's can't be doing this to me!!!
    You stole my smart quote!

We need to start a Mariners support group.

I still cannot believe, given that the organization has likely the second highest revenue in all of baseball, that they allowed Vlad Guerrero to get away, to a division rival no less, without a serious bid. Nor that they let Kaz Matsui go to the Mets, and instead brought in Aurilia, who is a okay player, but two years past his time.

Added to the idiocy is the unexplicable desire to move Guillen at all costs. Further, it was a good idea to try to dump Cirillo's contract, but to take back a worse contract, and worse player in Jarvis, as well as sending $5 Million to my Padres for the trouble, is just sheer incompetence.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I still cannot believe, given that the organization has likely the second highest revenue in all of baseball, that they allowed Vlad Guerrero to get away, to a division rival no less, without a serious bid. Nor that they let Kaz Matsui go to the Mets, and instead brought in Aurilia, who is a okay player, but two years past his time.

Added to the idiocy is the unexplicable desire to move Guillen at all costs. Further, it was a good idea to try to dump Cirillo's contract, but to take back a worse contract, and worse player in Jarvis, as well as sending $5 Million to my Padres for the trouble, is just sheer incompetence.
    I went to Opening Day with a friend who loves Carlos (despite the dorky ears). When Aurillia botched that double play ball at the beginning of the game, she screamed, "Where's Carlos!" Everyone in the section started cracking up. Believe me it wasn't the only time that day. I agree that the offseason "moves" were lame. I still don't understand the whole oh no we don't have an extra $8 million to spend because Kaz is not coming back it's only a couple million. Sounds like really bad math to me.

Rueben Stoddard is doing the Anthem for the Braves game,and doing it very well and a lot better than some more well known singers have in the past and I bet way better than MMF can ever do.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Why oh why are the Padres wearing camoflauge uniforms?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Padres wear those uniforms each year to honor the military. San Diego is a massive Navy and Marine city.

Today, the Yanks throughly choked against the Red Sox. Their defense is truly awful.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It was nice to see the Red Sox take the series 3-1 especially with Nomar and Nixon out of the line up. Seemed like our least likely batters stepped up the most today.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    As the lone A's fan...I need to say LET"S GO OAKLAND!
    Jermaine Dye is on fire..lol
    I have my Barry Zito av all ready...
    Boston..watch out! (Hi Greenie! )
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fogey
    The Cubs are the team. They have been my team my whole life and if they dont succumb to the curse of being picked to win it all - they will.

I do prefer going to Whitesox games though. Cheaper tickets, available tickets, better food in the stadium, MUCH better parking, jumbo tron for replays and most of all because the Sox have "Dog Days of Summer", usually in August. These are dates where you can bring your dog to the game!

But the Cubs are my team.

+ Reply to Thread