+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 MLB Season

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    whatever happened to the traditional Opening Day being the first Tuesday in April? now we have to deal with games in Tokyo in March, and a staggered Opening Day?
    stoopid if you ask me...

Ah, serving up a 5-run rally to Anaheim in the 9th today. Looks like a great season ahead for the Mariners. :rolleyes Can't tell if they're that bad or the Angels are that good.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I like it when a team gives up four walks to walk in the winning "run". :rolleyes
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Ah, serving up a 5-run rally to Anaheim in the 9th today. Looks like a great season ahead for the Mariners. :rolleyes Can't tell if they're that bad or the Angels are that good.
    At least Freddie had a great 7 inning shutout. That is a great sign that he might pull it back together this season. With the state of the Mariners bullpen though, 1 run is not enough of a buffer to give to the closers. Of course 5 runs wouldn't have been enough of a buffer yesterday.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Did anyone catch that Cubs/Braves game last night? Cubs won 2-1 in 15 innings. It was a great game, but my Cubbies really need to work on the pitching, too many walks. Not good if you want to have a good season.

GO CUBS!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I liked the game today where Franco fouled off a dozen pitches and then hit a 3 run double to take the lead and win the game.

Go Braves!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    The Mariners better get their act together! 0-5!!! Ahhhh!!!

At least there is still 157 games left. They couldn't lose all of them, or could they?

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy30
    The Mariners better get their act together! 0-5!!! Ahhhh!!!
    Last nights extra inning win is a very nice thing. I just hope they can use it as momentum, and not slip back to the way they played the 5 games previously.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

What about Detroit this year? think they can carry the momentum all year? I like to keep an eye on them since I used to watch Magnum PI and he was a big Tigers fan, and they were always losing.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Bonds finally hits 660.

Can we finally get off this topic during every freaking SportsCenter?? Please??
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread