+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 MLB Season

well Bill, you would get a good arguement here in St. Louis about LaRussa being a good manager. I think its split 50/50 on that. And I am pissed he sent Hart to Memphis and kept Womack. And traded Robinson to San Diego. Sometimes I think Tony hates young players. He said in Pulhos' first spring training that he tried to discourage him any way he could and had to put him on the roster anyways and look at him now!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

At this moment in time, the Tigers have a winning record!!!

(I know I seem overly excited, but it might be the only time all year. )

They are 1-0, having defeated the Blue Jays 7-0.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Last I checked, the Mariners had the 3rd-best record in baseball during spring training.
    Actually i'm pretty sure they tied for the second best spring training record. The Mariners won the Cactus league, but Montreal tied their record in the Grapefruit league and Minnesota won overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Bad sign having Guardado hurt his shoulder in warm up yesterday. Soriano has been hurt all spring, so that means your closer will be... Hasegawa... who lifetime has a 4+ ERA, except for last year, when aliens took over him.
    A bad sign indeed. The Mariners are not going to be blowing many teams out, so whomever is closing is going to get a lot of save opportunities.

23 Hours and counting until the Mariner's season opener!
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    At this moment in time, the Tigers have a winning record!!!
    You should savor the moment. It is the first time the Tigers have been above .500 in 3 years! (seriously!)
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Did someone say baseball?

Cubs win, by the way!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Javy Lopez had a great 1st game against the BoSox, yay Javy (though I like Boston too).

Expos lost today I think, there are many more games left....

I can't get fully into the baseball mode until hockey is finished which I'm hoping for me won't be 'til June.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Last I checked, the Mariners had the 3rd-best record in baseball during spring training.

Oh, well. There's always next year.
    I almost forgot that I took this picture of the Mariners spring training facility last Nov. while I was out in Phoenix. Here you go Paulie. Sorry about the glare as I shot it through the car window.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Braves are tagging Glavine again, 2 runs in the first inning. Glavine is 0-4 against his old team and was 9-14 last year. Sorry to have seen him go, but it looks now like the Braves made a good move doing it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Kazuo Matsui, the latest Japanese pro player to cross the big pond is a hit in that game with a HR and Double in his first two AB's
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

ok, Brewers cominig back now, batters tagging the hell out of the braves. It's going to be an ugly game.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 04-07-2004 at 01:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread