+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 MLB Season

I hope Randy Johnson gets traded instead of continuing with a losing team. He can pitch his heart out, and his current team can't even get a run for him. I think he was leaning toward Anaheim, but that has fallen through. He has a high price tag, and many teams want to go with the younger players and develop their core from them. Randy is getting up in years. I know with his no-trade clause, he will only go with a team in contention for post-season play.

And who does care for George Steinbrenner?

The Mariners released John Olerud from the organization today. They are bringing up Bucky Jacobsen who won the minor league home run derby this week. I think this is a smart move, as even if it doesn't upgrade the offense, it gives a Jacobsen some big league experience. It is still very sad to see Olerud go, he is a class act, and i have enjoyed watching him play for the Ms the past 5 years.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Jeter RULZ!
    I concur.

And Randy Johnson is going to the Red Sox. And everyone else will be screwed. With their hitting and then having Schilling, Pedro, AND Johnson?? Yikes.

I can also see him going to the Angels, though.

Peter Gammons said that Randy Johnson's agent was seen in NY and that Randy has said he would like to go to NY. I can't figure out how that would work though because I believe Arizona is looking for a catcher and I just don't see that coming from NY.

I'm actually to the point where I would not like to see Randy go anywhere. I don't really want to lose Nomar or another big player from the Red Sox, I don't want the Yankees to get him of course, and since the Sox are in competition with Anaheim for the wildcard, I'd hate to see him go there.

Supposedly both the White Sox and the Cubs are possible prospects as well. These rumors are getting nutty!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    The Mariners released John Olerud from the organization today. They are bringing up Bucky Jacobsen who won the minor league home run derby this week. I think this is a smart move, as even if it doesn't upgrade the offense, it gives a Jacobsen some big league experience. It is still very sad to see Olerud go, he is a class act, and i have enjoyed watching him play for the Ms the past 5 years.
    It is really sad to see the M's release Olerud. He just seems to have lost some bat speed and power the last year and a half. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Boston pick him up if he's willing. One of the issues with Olerud is that he has a child with health issues so he didn't want to leave the Seattle area (where he lives year round) when they tried to trade him earlier. Boston doesn't need offense and Olerud is a wonderful first baseman. He makes all the other infielders look so much better with his soft hands around the bag. As much as I love what David Ortiz has done for me in my fantasy baseball league, he looks like Fred Flintstone trying to play in the field.

Sports!??

WHO ARE THE BEST BASEBALL PLAYERS??????

IVAN "PUDGE" RODRIGUEZ AND DEREK JETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ever noticed that everybody wants to be somebody, but nobody wants to grow?

Why is 'if' the middle word in life?

Whenever anyone says "I can't," it makes me wish he'd get stung to death by about ten thousand bees. When he says "I'll try," five thousand bees. ("I can," one bee.)

- Jack Handey

Tigers!

I'm from Detroit ( well, Eastpointe really. ) and I've always heard/thought that the Tiger suck. When Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez got traded I was like, " Wow. He was the catcher for the Marlins who just won the world series. I'm going to watch the Tigers more!" So I did and we have gotten SO much better than in past years. We have already won more games than last years, on Friday we beat the YANKEES 8-0. ( I was there! ) I really think that in a few years we will be winning the world series! And now Pudge is my favorite player and I think he is so cute in a weird way!
    Ever noticed that everybody wants to be somebody, but nobody wants to grow?

Why is 'if' the middle word in life?

Whenever anyone says "I can't," it makes me wish he'd get stung to death by about ten thousand bees. When he says "I'll try," five thousand bees. ("I can," one bee.)

- Jack Handey

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Wenders! Ilikai!

How 'bout them Braves!!
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Greenie, don't worry about him coming to NY. I would shocked if that happened.

While the Yankees used to have awesome home-grown talent (Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Alfonso Soriano, and Bernie Williams are just some who came up through the yankees system) they don't have jack-squat now. They have nothing to offer the Diamondbacks.

I'm thinking now it will most likely be Anaheim, if anywhere. But Boston is still a possibility I'm afraid. Who knows, though? You're right- the rumors are nuts.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    Wenders! Ilikai!

How 'bout them Braves!!
    The braves have lost every game since I posted this. I'm never bragging again. :rolleyes
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread