+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 MLB Season

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    The A's are doing so bad. They get ahead...then let the Yankees win?????? AHHHHHH
    They need to get it together.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Man I wish we got A-ROD.................UUUMMMM NO.
    Yea, because he just SUCKS. I love how people rush to judgment on a player based on two bad weeks. What's the saying - it's a marathon, not a sprint.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

The M's optioned Ben Davis and his under .100 batting average to Tacoma and called up Pat Borders. I'm sure that's going to fix things. :rolleyes

Let's see.. the Giants are 12-17. They lost all three games in New York in the late innings. They continue to hit into double plays as if they're about to go out of style. The starters have been shaky, and on the rare occasion where one does well the bullpen blows it. There's nobody to hit behind our left fielder, who's always walked regardless of the situation.

ESPN may have been right when they chose the Giants to finish fourth.

If it weren't for the Sharks being in the playoffs I don't know what I'd do.

I'm going to see A-Rod's first game in Seattle as a Yankee tonight. I think he's going to be surprised at the amount of boos he receives although I don't think there will be fake dollar bills raining down like there were his first few games back here with the Rangers.

Allright--I'm bumping this thread up, because baseball will pretty much be the only game in town soon.

Anyone watch Prior and the Cubs handle Clemens and the Astros last night?? It was a great game-especially for Cubs fans like me! Clemens was not the same pitcher after he had to run the bases in the 3rd(?) inning when he got a hit. Prior pitched well, and Baker took him out after a lower pitch count. Which is good, because you don't want to push your ace too far after injuries.

Walker almost hit for the cycle! He needed a double to complete it, and actually hit a scorcher down the right field line that was less than a foot foul. He ended up with another homer 2 pitches later.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I saw part of it last night. Although I dislike Clemens, he did serve the Bosox well for quite some time so there is part of me that would love to see him win 20 games this year.

I also loved seeing Todd Walker do so well. He was such a great guy on the Bosox and I was sad to see him go.
    Who shot who in the what now?

The Mariners showed the Expos just exactly who is the worst team in the majors, didn't they? Aw, heck. I don't care. Give me a sweep over ANY team at this point. Seattle's now won 6 of 8. They haven't made any ground on the streaking A's, but they're single digits away from Texas and Anaheim.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I also loved seeing Todd Walker do so well. He was such a great guy on the Bosox and I was sad to see him go.
    I'm glad he came to the Cubs, greenie. He is really playing great. He is such a versatile player. He bunts well, runs well, fields well, and of course hits well.

The Cubs are playing great right now....unfortunately, so is the rest of the NL Central. What a tough division. I think all except 1 team is over .500!! Thats insane!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Seattle sweeps the Pirates! They're now only 9 games back of first. I'm starting to believe!

God, I'm a sad little fan.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread