+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

Jay
    The Habs played a great game. The score could have been 8-2 instead of 3-2. The refereeing was atrocious. I usually like Kerry Fraser but last night was awful. Ribero should be embarrassed by his bush league behavior. For those who didn't see it, Ribero was hit late in the game and he lay on the ice writhing in agony. A minute later he gets up laughing and smiling and yelling at the Bruin bench. Raycroft deserved to be named one of the 3 stars but wasn't. Jose got 2 assists; dress him as a forward and put Rivet in nets.

Jose got 2 assists; dress him as a forward and put Rivet in nets.
    Too funny!

Great game.....Riberio that was not funny! Makes you wonder if he got chewed out by Julien for it....I surely would have if I was the coach...I really thought he was hurt, until they showed the replay and then I was like, what was up with that.
    Ok....why oh why are they scratching Perreault every game!! They so needed him the last period to win some faceoffs...I like Dowd, but was it really a surprise that he lost faceoffs?? :nono
    Great game!!
    Glad the Preds won!
    Watched as much of the Calgary game as I could, but fell asleep in the second....it was 1-0 for the Flames when I fell asleep....so I'm off to watch Sportsnet news for the recaps...
    ---------------------
    opps....

No problem Cali, glad I could solve that mystery up for ya.

Add me to the list of people that don't like Riberio. What was the deal with the flayling on the ice like a moron? He's going to get himself seriously hurt someday.

I don't understand why Perrault isn't playing either. I absolutely adore him.

I hope they can pull out an upset.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

JR.
    I was a bit put off by the booing of the anthem, there's no need for that.

Fraser is, and has always been, a tool. I don't know why they allow him to ruin games.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I don't believe Ribeiro was faking... it was reported he had a pinched nerve in his neck.. and for everyone who's had a pinched nerve before.. .you'd know it's possible to have a few minutes of excruciating pain, followed by it completely going away like nothing ever happened.... sometimes it might take days, hours, sometimes minutes... but if Ribeiro did in fact have a pinched nerve in his neck, he wasn't faking...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    I don't believe Ribeiro was faking... it was reported he had a pinched nerve in his neck.. and for everyone who's had a pinched nerve before.. .you'd know it's possible to have a few minutes of excruciating pain, followed by it completely going away like nothing ever happened.... sometimes it might take days, hours, sometimes minutes... but if Ribeiro did in fact have a pinched nerve in his neck, he wasn't faking...

I hope it was that cuz he looked like an idiot. I never liked Ribeiro, though I admit he's a good player (not yet in the playoffs ), but he has such an attitude and he thinks he's all that, he makes me want to puke. :phhht

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I was a bit put off by the booing of the anthem, there's no need for that.
    That was ugly and disgraceful. As a Montrealer, I am disgusted and embarrassed by those who booed. I hope the Canadiens organization re-play the clip by Jean Belliveau asking fans to be respectful of the US national anthem.
    Last edited by Jay; 04-12-2004 at 04:50 PM.

I had no idea that they booed the anthem, JR. That sucks.

I always hate when idiot fans boo the other countries anthems. I hated when the Islander fans did it a couple years ago and I really hate it now, no matter what country does it.

After all, it's our Canadians, Americans and European guys playing against your Canadian, American and European guys.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

Why is it that always only an handful of idiots make a whole organization look bad?
    I agree with you guys, there is no reason to act like that, it ruins a great sport like hockey.

As for my best friend, Mike Ribeiro, I might agree with what some have said that he was hurt on the spot (pinched nerve) but what I hate and I always will about that player is his ridiculous attitude. He is full of it, if you know what I mean. There was no need for him to make that face or to act like he did. I'm very afraid that the Boston players will not forget it and he'll be in serious trouble one day.
    He should be benched and Perreault could play in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    As for my best friend, Mike Ribeiro

He's not Don Cherry's best friend either. Montreal has a lot of classy players. Ribeiro is not one of them.

+ Reply to Thread