+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

I think Richards deserved the Conn Smythe trophy, Khabby and Fedotenko I think did a hell of a job as well and could've gotten it. Murray to the Sens means Burke might be going to Anaheim as the GM there. If the Ducks pass him up for the job they are morons.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    If it walks like a duck it's probably a moron - Ducks name interim coach
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=86858

OK, you all know I know next to nothing about hockey. I DID watch game seven with the only hockey fan in town.

We had the play last night so we taped it and watched this morning.

St. Louis (and, yeah, I'm so lame I thought you guys were talking about the town earlier :rolleyes) Anyway, he is now my favorite player in the NHL

Very good game indeed
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    :sigh: I've been too depressed to venture into this thread. Calgary fought hard and they have nothing to be ashamed of. With that said, I am happy for Tampa Bay, as well as their fans, for the win. And of course, as a long time fan of Dave Andreychuk, I'm happy he got a chance to lift the Cup at last.

I heard an interview with Iginla this morning. Poor guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He shouldn't be disappointed in himself. He really gave this city of Calgary, as well as fans across this country, a great ride.

It was a great, great, final. It's what hockey was really all about. I hope both sides, the owners and the players, remember that in the coming months.

I feel the same way, Miss F. It's hard not to be depressed about it when every conversation I had today started with "sucks about the Flames, eh?" I couldn't bear to watch the boys look so dejected last night. It was horrible! However, I agree that Calgary has absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of. They gave us (and I speak collectively for all Calgary fans, here in Southern Alberta, and around the world) an amazing ride.

And congratulations to Tampa Bay - they played a great series, an incredible game 7, and are totally deserving.

Sigh.

I love hockey.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Cali's on the dark side

I thought it was really cool that thousands greeted the Flames at 3am for their homecoming.

Eny... Um dark side for liking some dude on Tampa... or for enjoying the game?

after the game I really felt for the flames... the camera kept showing them, and I felt really bad. Even the guy we watched with said he was happy with the Tampa win, but that Calgary really won it in game 6 with the "goal". Kind of sucks for BOTH teams to have a call like that in the series.

St. Louis
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Jay
    I will be watching the NHL Awards Thursday night. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    I will be watching the NHL Awards Thursday night. Anyone else?
    Yep, I'll definitely be watching!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Even the guy we watched with said he was happy with the Tampa win, but that Calgary really won it in game 6 with the "goal". Kind of sucks for BOTH teams to have a call like that in the series.
    i think it's well documented how much i dislike the Lightning- and i've tossed around this "goal/no goal" issue for awhile now- i think the NHL made the right no call- even though that explanation by Colin Cambell was a load of crap! there's no way colin realized how close that play was until way past the following whistle- maybe even 2 whistles- which of course is too late to change the call... the Stanley Cup should be won with a legitimate goal. not a questionable kick in deflection goal late in game 6.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They should have whistled the play and examined it closer right at the time, but it really would have been a sucky way to win. I'm sure they would have taken it though. I hope Tampa doesn't think they are undeserving though, especially with the year they had.

Oh yes, I'll be watching the awards . It's when my shallow girlie side comes out. Those boys sure do clean up nice

+ Reply to Thread