+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

I'm from Calgary and last night was heartbreaking! But after the initial disappointment wore off, we are able to see what that team has done for Calgary the last couple of months. They gave us back hockey!!! We haven't even made it into the playoffs for years and to have gone to Game 7 of the finals - well, that's amazing! This city is absolutely nuts over the Flames, it has brought people together, strangers talking and chanting Go Flames Go, it's been a wonderful ride!

We're proud of our team!!!!!!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    I'm from Calgary and last night was heartbreaking! But after the initial disappointment wore off, we are able to see what that team has done for Calgary the last couple of months. They gave us back hockey!!! We haven't even made it into the playoffs for years and to have gone to Game 7 of the finals - well, that's amazing! This city is absolutely nuts over the Flames, it has brought people together, strangers talking and chanting Go Flames Go, it's been a wonderful ride!

We're proud of our team!!!!!!

Total agreement Rufus.

This playoff run has been magical, the psyche of the city has been forever changed. This will never happen again. And since I've lived in Calgary for over 50 years, I can tell you nothing like this has ever happened before. Take the Calgary Stampede - a big 10 day party - crank it up by 5 times, or more, and instead of 10 days, make it 61 days. The '88 Olympic Winter Games were a party, but nothing like this.

Thanks to to the Flames, they brought a city together in a way that nobody else could.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Sorry I'm late to the Dave bandwagon. It was great to see him win one at long last.

I'm sorry the Flames didn't win, but I'm happy they gave Calgary (and Canada) a fun ride.

And sadly, Eny is right; it is going to be a long, long time before we see an NHL team take the ice again.

Jay
    Congratulations to the Lightning and the Flames for an awesome Stanley Cup finals! I was glad to see old man Andreychuk finally raise the Cup.

I can't wait for the World Cup. Gretzky has to find a way to get Lecavalier into Team Canada.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    thanks Eny for the Bucs site- as a Tampa Bay Buc season ticket holder- i would never think to look there for kudos either. half of the animation was cool anyway (the Gruden half)

I cant wait for football season so Livvy and I can be on the same side for once.
    congrats Tbay... well deserved

can someone start a Lockout Thread- so we can stay up to date on the impending doom that is the 2005 season... i'd bet my paycheck that the strucutre of the league and all of the exsiting teams around now will not be around whenever another season starts!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yeah I thought I'd start a lockout/ summer thread and keep it going til whenever hockey is played in the NHL again .

I love Calgary . It's such a party town . ( And I've only been to the stampede ) Going from not making the playoffs to the final is nothing to sniff at. They should be really proud of themselves .

I can't even tell you how
    jealous
    I am of Livvy . What a blast to have been there .

:sigh: I've been too depressed to venture into this thread. Calgary fought hard and they have nothing to be ashamed of. With that said, I am happy for Tampa Bay, as well as their fans, for the win. And of course, as a long time fan of Dave Andreychuk, I'm happy he got a chance to lift the Cup at last.

I heard an interview with Iginla this morning. Poor guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He shouldn't be disappointed in himself. He really gave this city of Calgary, as well as fans across this country, a great ride.

It was a great, great, final. It's what hockey was really all about. I hope both sides, the owners and the players, remember that in the coming months.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I heard an interview with Iginla this morning. Poor guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He shouldn't be disappointed in himself. He really gave this city of Calgary, as well as fans across this country, a great ride.

It was a great, great, final. It's what hockey was really all about. I hope both sides, the owners and the players, remember that in the coming months.

Jay
    The WHA will hold a news conference tomorrow to unveil the first season.

TSN story

I'm more happy for Dave Andreychuck than anything else.

So, what do you guys think about the Conn Smythe winner, Brad Richards? I would've loved to see Iginla win it, but the stats weren't the same.

And what about Bryan Murray coaching the Sens!

+ Reply to Thread