+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

The second I step foot into my house, I turn on the TV and hear "Bergeron scoooooooores"
    I hear Bulis played a good game.

I'm changing my avatar back to Jose, I must keep the faith.

Anyone interested in a Theodore bubblehead?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I love that bobblehead !

Yeah yeah - when they get to Montreal it will be a different story. JR is too happy, although you deserve it sweetie after living through hell for the past - oh 30 years or so
    Last edited by eny; 04-10-2004 at 12:56 AM.

The Avs played an awesome, all-around good game tonight as they smashed the Stars 5-2 and now lead 2-0 in the series. All cylinders were clicking, and they reminded me of the Avs of old. Getting Nikolishen and Tanguay back seems to be a large part of what was missing this past month. Konowalchuk is the *prize* acquisition of the season. He is such a hard-worker and not afraid to take some punishing. Surprisingly, Barnaby has worked out well, also. I know this is really random, but Barnaby's face sometimes reminds me of a drag queen!

The Avs had better not *lose* this series because no way am I going to be happy with a Dallas Starlets avatar.

ummm... I really like this thread! I've learned so much about the playoffs, but.... So the teams listed above play each other over and over 'till one team gets 4. Then what happens? Do they have another round of "Best of 7"... how many rounds?

Eny mentioned Chara the only name I know
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    So the teams listed above play each other over and over 'till one team gets 4. Then what happens? Do they have another round of "Best of 7"... how many rounds?
    Ok Cali, I'll help you out

Yes, all rounds are a best of 7. The teams are split by conference, East & West. The top 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs. They are ranked 1-8 depending on their records. The highest seeded team plays the lowest until there is 1 team left in each conference (3 rounds). Then, those 2 teams play for the cup, for a total of 4 rounds.

Thanks JR

so after this round of 7 there will be four teams in each conference, then 2 then 1 then they play for the cup. Right?

That's not all that hard.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    Yep, you've got it hon.

This is my very first hockey-related post... DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMM... But my team won a hard fought game last night! Wooohooo! Go Flames!

Jay
    The Habs played well enough to win. They skated hard and competed physically. But it's tough to win when you can't score on the power play and your only goal is a result of a 2 man advantage. The Habs will have their hands full with the league's best road team.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yay ! welcome to the most important thread on site ! Don't fret, Cali is member number two and just found her way here.

Here is a link to sportsline Cali ( and everyone ) They have the updated series list on the front page - Who's playing who etc. http://www.sportsline.com/nhl They also have the best gallery pics

I'd like Chara better if he'd stop chasing Sundin Poor Matty had zero shots on goal thanks to that mountain.

Ducky you are so missing Joe being a hero *sniff*

+ Reply to Thread