+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

I have always liked the Flames and have two jerseys for a few years now. Once they knocked out the Canucks and went onto the Wings I started cheering for them again. Some woman saw my jersey that I was wearing with Iginla on the back when I was watching the game at the bar/pool hall and she was cheering for the Flames. She had no idea who Iginla was. But I think its still good to have a ton of support for them.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    speaking of Flames jerseys.... I REALLY want that 'black C' home jersey... it's so bloody nice..

anyway, yeah..

GO FLAMES!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOo
    go GELINAS!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEe
    go CONROY WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hey, I have the cool horse one.which would indicate I predate the bandwagon, but in all fairness I have a complete canuck set of jerseys 'just in case.'
    Do they even use that anymore? I know the shoulder flashes are that logo.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Hey, I have the cool horse one.which would indicate I predate the bandwagon, but in all fairness I have a complete canuck set of jerseys 'just in case.'
    Do they even use that anymore? I know the shoulder flashes are that logo.
    I don't think they would use it for the playoffs. I have one of those too. really cool looking logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I have always liked the Flames and have two jerseys for a few years now. Once they knocked out the Canucks and went onto the Wings I started cheering for them again. Some woman saw my jersey that I was wearing with Iginla on the back when I was watching the game at the bar/pool hall and she was cheering for the Flames. She had no idea who Iginla was. But I think its still good to have a ton of support for them.
    After they knocked out the Canucks I stopped watching, but since it's a Canada vs. America showdown, I've been keeping tabs on the series.. Never thought I'd be cheering for the Flames.. :rolleyes

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    stupid penalty by Niemmenen- on his boarding/cross checking hit on lecavalier late in the game- absolutely a 5 min major!

TB has now alternated wins/losses for 12 consecutive games... thats amazing- but sad- that they cant manage to win 2 games in a row- but are still in a position to win the Cup... you can go 16-12 (57%) in hockey playoffs and win it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    For the other Canadians in this thread, has everyone countrywide jumped on the Flames bandwagon? I swear, there are more Calgary car flags now than Toronto car flags a few weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for Calgary. It's cool seeing restaurants post 'Go Flames Go' signs, but I wonder if some of these people could name 5 Flames.
    I haven't jumped the Flames bandwagon and I'm canadian. I don't know why I have such a hard time rooting for them completely. I'll be happy if either team wins, but somehow I seem to lean toward Tampa winning.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I haven't jumped the Flames bandwagon and I'm canadian. I don't know why I have such a hard time rooting for them completely. I'll be happy if either team wins, but somehow I seem to lean toward Tampa winning.
    I'm not a Flames fan either.. but I'd rather see them win than Tampa. Ugh! Tampa is so useless!

Congrats to Tampa for a hard fought win! This is a tough series and I'm hoping Tampa can pull it out on Thursday. Vinnie got 10 stitches for that horrible hit and well deserved penalty on Calgary. Tampa played hard and won considering they lost two of their best players - Kubina and Fedotenko. Tampa IS in the Stanley Cup Finals - useless? I'd say not!! (referring to previous poster!)

Jay
    What was Nieminen thinking of when he hit Vinnie from behind? He may be suspended, and justly so, for that hit.

+ Reply to Thread