+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

eny
    FORT Fogey
    for Wayner . The guys can give you manly punches on the shoulder if they'd like . I know more than anyone what a Sharks fan you are. In a postive light Third round game six ain't too shabby. 26 teams have their noses pressed up to the glass at this point. Including my team the perrenial Maple Laffs. I can't help but think Sutter had more than a bit of pride at how well the Sharks did too , as he worked with them for so long.

Bolts / Flames should be a fun final . Young teams , and best of all not one of the same old , same olds in the final. More than anything it will provide fuel to the fire for the players to have a bit of sense about the CBA as they are both small market - relatively low payroll teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I'm rooting for the Flames to win the Cup. Not because I want to say my team lost to the eventual champions, but because I want Daryl Sutter to win a Cup.
    Darryl Sutter could easily be mayor Calgary for how he has changed the Flames and ignited incredible civic pride and emotion.

I always like it when he tells a reporter, " That's a stupid question." With few exceptions sports reporters ask the stupidest questions, and seem to lack anything that resembles intelligence.

And Wayner, I feel your pain. As I said earlier, Calgary has had a lot of heartbreaking loses - not just in hockey, and I've felt the pain. I remember when my high school basketball team lost the Provincial championship by 2 points after 2 overtimes. The school was blue for a week.

Your pain shows you care.

Bummer Wayner. Sorry the Sharks couldn't pull it off.

Go Calgary in finals!

*this completes my annual post in the hockey thread... Carry on!*
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill

*this completes my annual post in the hockey thread... Carry on!*
    Please feel free to join again Bill

If these playoffs have taught us anything, it's that it's a whole new season. Of all the Canadian teams, no one thought CALGARY would be the one to make it to the Stanley Cup finals. I'm thrilled for them and for all the Calgary fans.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Well said, Miss F.
    I'm very happy for Calgary and would also love to see a Bolts-Flames, series.
    Pinkie, Wayner - Wayner, I love the av, I can't look at that mascot without thinking about the "tongue" incident.

I hope this isn't a repeat of the 2002 Stanley Cup, where the amazing 'Canes, who were less thank likely to pass the first round, had made it to the finals, only to be crushed by the evil Wings.

I'm so disappointed that Tampa didn't finish off Philly tonight.

as a flames fan i am overwhelmed that they have made it to the stanley cup finals, and that i'll be able to attend my first stanley cup finals game, it should be exciting. personally i hope they face tampa bay as im thinking it'll make for great hockey, as both teams are outstanding, particularly with their goalies.

btw, kind of off-topic but does anyone else think don cherry is an idiot? the guy annoys the hell out of me
    Last edited by weezerx9; 05-21-2004 at 04:12 AM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Don isn't really a person , he's an institutuion . Just think of him like the Howard Stern of Hockey.

Happy Birthday Livvy !
    Hope the Bolts Get you a nice present !

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Happy Birthday Livvy !
    Hope the Bolts Get you a nice present !
    Thank you eny! I plan on enjoying my day! My only wish was for the Bolts to win last night but that didn't come true. Not one to give up though, as I was lucky enough to score all 4 home game tickets to the Finals yesterday, I'll wish again on Saturday. There seems to be a trend with the Bolts - W,L,W,L,W,L so the next one should be a W !! This has been a great nail biting series. Go Bolts!!

+ Reply to Thread