+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Love your av Sluggo !
    I really hated this series because I liked both the teams. It was truly one I didn't care who won. Congrats to both for a great season. Marty Gelinas 2nd time in 3 yrs in the finals with the two unlikeliest teams. Do I see a pattern?

Edited for it didn't come out the way I meant it to if that makes any sense
    Last edited by eny; 05-20-2004 at 03:24 AM.

The Naked Guy

I remember that. He jumped over the boards ( and glass ) slipped on the ice and knocked himself out. Cold - cocked, you could say.

[QUOTE=pinkieparrot]Poor Sharks But Calgary really deserved to win. I'm sorry, but SJ had no heart, no fire this game or the last one. Ah well. It sure was fun and I'm quite proud of them! Congrats Calgary although I really hope the winner of TB/Philly just destroys them and sweeps them in 4 games. QUOTE]

Those are normal feelings when your team was just beaten. Calgary has lost many semi-finals, and I felt that exact way too. I feel great that the Flames won - and there's one hell of a party going on, ( and probably will all night ), but I know how you feel.

Others want that team to win so they can say their team lost to the champ.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Just back from 17th Ave. in the pourin' rain, but who cares...Flames in the final!! Outta this world!! First time in ten long years for a Canadian-based (small market team to boot) to battle for Lord Stanley's mug.

I agree Dawg - two young Western teams that will be good for a number of years. I'd cheer for SJ if they were going - maybe next year, but this will be the Flames year. There are too many odd things about these playoffs - Gelina's goals eliminating all three Division leaders, the road wins, etc.

Match that with when Richards scores and TB wins - I think the Bolts are going to close it tomorrow and meet the Flames.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    The Sharks weren't expected to make the playoffs this year, and as I watched the first dozen games this season, I could see why. They came a long way this season, further than they'd ever been in their thirteen seasons. I've watched more Sharks games than any player on the team has played in. I've seen the highest highs and the lowest lows.

I was there when they played their first game in the Cow Palace.

I was there when their first appearance on Hockey Night in Canada was delayed because the zamboni had picked up a net peg and chewed up the ice. It was raining and the roof was leaking. At every whistle they had to skweegee the ice. I remember the Sharks trailed 1-0 to the mighty Montreal Canadiens. I remember them winning the faceoff with 3 seconds left. I remember Pat Falloon drilling a shot for the tying goal with 3 seconds left. I think the team set a record for fewest points that season.

I still have my towel from their first home playoff game against Detroit. I still remember the goosebumps I got when the following season, they were about to lose to the Wings in four straight; the last 5 minutes of the game the crowd gave them a standing ovation for their heart. I remember Igor Larionov (then a Shark) leading the team in tapping their sticks on the ice in recognition of the fans. I remember the tears of pride I had for my team then.

Tonight I saw something that I'll proudly add to my mental scrapbook; Daryl Sutter standing at the Sharks exit, shaking the hand of every player on the team that he molded for so many seasons - the team that he brought to prominence. Some say that Sutter is a harsh man. I disagree. Even before congratulating his new players, he was there to console his old ones. I'll never forget that.

I'm rooting for the Flames to win the Cup. Not because I want to say my team lost to the eventual champions, but because I want Daryl Sutter to win a Cup.

Poor Wayner. I can feel your pain through that poignant post. I feared the Flames late in the season since they were coming on so strong.

Congratulations to the Sharks and their fans for an incredible playoff run!

Likewise, congratulations to the Flames for general great playing and now representing Canada in the Stanley Cup finals.

Congrats to the Flames for advancing to the final, go CANADA!

It was a great run by the Sharks, they were amazing and went further than most teams did.

Hoping TB can finish Philly off tonight cuz I'd like a TB/Cal final.

Jay
    Congratulations to the Sharks for an awesome season. They had a great playoff run but played a team that was just a little hungrier.

Like eva, I'm looking forward to a Bolts/Flames final. Go Bolts!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    Congratulations to the Sharks for an awesome season. They had a great playoff run but played a team that was just a little hungrier.

Like eva, I'm looking forward to a Bolts/Flames final. Go Bolts!
    Right with ya, HomerRules! Congrats to Calgary fans and GO BOLTS!

I've pretty much given up watching pro hockey, but please allow me to hop aboard the Flames bandwagon, since everyone else here in western Canada is losing their minds

(You'll have to excuse me, I'm a bitter ex-Winnipegger who is still sulking that the Jets are in frickin' ARIZONA now - yeah, we never got over it, so there.)

But I would much prefer seeing Cowtown trounce those damn Flyers in a final
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread