+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

Blah, blah, blah....I am upset that the Bruins won of course and that Raycroft dude is too good and I'm not liking it!!!! Jose was great and made a ton of saves, I hope he plays that well again tomorrow but that this time we can get some pucks in the friggin' net.

I'm also upset that Colorado and Detroit won too, not a great night in hockey I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    Blah, blah, blah....I am upset that the Bruins won of course and that Raycroft dude is too good and I'm not liking it!!!! Jose was great and made a ton of saves, I hope he plays that well again tomorrow but that this time we can get some pucks in the friggin' net.
    Eva, what would we do without you?
    It ain't over 'till it's over!
    They can't score when they have a powerplay and they take about 1000 stupid penalties...result? They lose and the fans blame the coach.

Leafs-Sens tonight. Let's hope that it's a good one.
    Go Habs Go

Holy tonnes of stupid penalties!! I hope they smarten up tomorrow!!
    That Raycroft will be a tough one to beat though! First time I've really seen him play....

Glad the Canucks won....
    I was so hoping Preds would win too!! :phhht I was excited that they scored first....

The "Battle of Ontario" tonight.....should actually be a pretty good game.

It is awesome to be able to catch all the games !! Thank goodness for channel recall on the remote....
    ---------------------
    opps....

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ok , I'm officially dizzy. Thank goodness for the NHL channel. I really tried to go back and forth . I thought the Preds had their foot on the throat of the Wings. I think if they had a bit more plyoff experience they could have finished em off enough for the Wings fans to take over and really humiliate them. The Bruins just came out swinging. Yes Gonchar was amazing. No matter where you looked , he seemed to be there . Even though its post season on Raycroft for the Calder. Les Canadien had better breathe deep and buckle under or they may be history. Jose can't do it on his own.

I didn't really watch the Avs stars that much . Canucks Flames looks like a good series.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, I know I'm late here, but I'll put down the same things I picked for the first round in my office pool:

Islanders over Lightning. I know that TB has the second best record in the league, but the Isles won the season series something like 3-1.

Devils over Flyers. It's the goalie. And the Devils always seem to rise up in the playoffs while the Flyers, well, don't.

Bruins over Canadiens. The B's have been hot. And their coach was an original Shark, so I didn't really have a choice, did I?

Leafs over Senators. The Senators have a ton of firepower, but they always seem to find a way to lose in the playoffs. And the playoffs are physical, and the Leafs are (at least I think they are) better built to handle a physical series.

Canucks over Flames. The Flames have been a nice surprise, but I think that Vancouver has finally gotten past their Bertuzzi-induced slump.

Sharks over Blues. Like I'd pick against my team. Seriously, the Sharks have the best record in the NHL since the end of October. They have the third best record in hockey. They went 10-2 their last 12 games. They've got great goaltending. They've got four guys with over 20 goals, so the opposition doesn't know where the scoring is going to come from. And they finished the season with a miraculous come-from-behind win: down 3-1 against LA with 20 seconds, and won 4-3 in OT.

Stars over Avs. Sorry, despite last night's win, I still give the edge to the Stars. The Avs are the only team in the playoffs with a losing record since the All-Star Break. They have had a horrible time scoring goals. Yes, so have the Stars, but I just have a feeling about this one. A feeling caused by watching the Avs limp down the stretch. And it's funny; before the game yesterday, Av Nation had been very quiet on local radio. Now, after one win, suddenly the masses on the radio think they'll go all the way. I hope the bandwagon jumpers weren't badly injured.

Wings over Predators. I can't tell you how happy I'd be if I was wrong about this one.

In my office pool, we only pick the first round and eventual winner for now. And yes, I picked the Sharks to win the Cup. Like I had a choice?

Go Sharks!!!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'll bet it felt great to make the pick and actually mean it You know instead of making the pick out of duty and getting laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I'll bet it felt great to make the pick and actually mean it You know instead of making the pick out of duty and getting laughed at.
    You mean out of duty like I've done every OTHER year the Sharks have made the playoffs? Yeah, it feels GREAT!!!!

I'm bummed about the Boston/Montreal game, and of course the Detroit/Nashville game.

In the spirit of rivalry, I propose that whenever our team is knocked out of the playoffs, we change our avatars to the team that defeated them for the duration. Kind of like those lame mayoral bets, but something we call can participate in.

Of course, should I have to change mine, I hope it's a western conference team.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Miss F, that's a fine idea. However, I'm afraid that I could not willingly put a Red Wing, or a Blue, or a Star up as my Av. Unless I could mess with it like Ducky did with Evilskoula last year. Then I might be able to go for it.

Speaking of which, I know she's in Australia and all, but where's the Duck?

Miss F, your asking for the impossible. Having to put a Bruins logo? WTF? I don't know about that. Let me get back to you on that one....(lol)

+ Reply to Thread