+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2004

sorry Eva, My daughter is wearing blue today, the Sens are sure to win
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well it does look like all hope is gone for the Habs....but hey, you never know right....
    yes I'm hanging onto a thin thread of hope....
    I agree with Homer that was definately a slash and should have been called! But then again, Kovalev should have got out of the way! Man!
    Glad to see the Preds won!!
    Have to say that the Flames/Canuck series is better then I thought it would be....I knew it would be good, but it's some exciting hockey!
    ---------------------
    opps....

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I just love when the games go into long OT. It's the best. Tough loss for the Habs, but I don't think they are done yet.

I think the Flames/ Nucks will go the distance. The Flames are lovin this too much , and the Nucks are really missing Bertuzzi. Where is Naslund ?

It would make me very happy person to see the Red Wings go down in the first round two years in a row.

Sharks should take another chunk out of the Blues easily.

Cautiously optimistic about the Sens/ Leafs . The Sens just don't have enough to bring it home. I love Leetch, I know I thought originally they should have got Gonchar , but man he's just everywhere.

I thought the Stars were toast when they came in , but they have surprised me. I know he's not Roy , but Aebisher has got to pick up his game .

I still have faith in Montreal. They really did play hard and Ribeiro played a great game. Jose let in some soft goals, again. Two of those games they could have easily won. Stranger things have happened.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I'm hoping they start Garon next game, he is a great goalie and maybe that can motivate the team a little. Jose has let in too many weak goals though he has made some great saves. he's not playing his best and that will hurt them in the end.

Jay
    I'd like to see the Predators win. It would be great for hockey in Nashville.

Agreed, eva. The Habs should be up 3-1 but the difference has been the goaltending. Raycroft is outplaying Jose by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I thought the Stars were toast when they came in , but they have surprised me. I know he's not Roy , but Aebisher has got to pick up his game .
    Well, the officiating was terrible in that game. It was so slanted, it wasn't even funny. Calls just weren't made against Dallas; just a couple stupid little make-up calls. My dad was having a fit. Not as a sour-grapes comment, but Dallas was pretty much handed that win.

Examples:

Turco goes behind the net and freezes the puck, and then the Avs are called for goaltender interference when someone tries to get the puck. (Stupid, stupid rule!)

Both teams had six players out on the ice, and Colorado is penalized for too many men on the ice.

Some guy grabs Nikolishin's stick, pulls it into himself (throwing Nikolishin off balance), and Nikolishin is called for hooking.

And the high-sticking call against Konowalchuk? They guy was holding Kono's stick up under his arm, and it happened to touch his face as he was trying to free his stick.

That's the way the whole game went. Plus, Dallas's M.O. has always been to simply hurt the other team if they can't beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I think the Flames/ Nucks will go the distance. The Flames are lovin this too much , and the Nucks are really missing Bertuzzi. Where is Naslund ?
    Naslund has 5 points in this series. We are also missing Cloutier right now with an ankle injury. I am not sure if he will play tomorrow...or even further into the playoffs. Thats a scary one. The refs in this series are a joke too, so inconsistent. Cloutier gets run 100 times in the first 2 games, gets one call. Kippy gets hit twice...both times guys were lead into him and they get both calls. Then Ruutu keep getting cheap shots, like high sticks, hit from behind, tripped and since he is known as a diver gets no call even though its obvious he is not faking.

I really despise when officiating starts determining the outcome of a game. We all saw it last year; we all see it this year, but it is worse when we are seeing it with our team. The first two games the Avs had in this series were actually very well called. The refs were being consistent with the calls and were calling both teams. I knew it was too good to be true. :phhht

One thing that has happened twice in the Mtl/Boston series is the ref has blown the whistle when the puck was still loose around the Boston net. ARGHHHHH....

+ Reply to Thread