+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FORT NCAA Tournament Pick-em

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Stanford should have put Bama away when Bama went 10 minutes without scoring in the second half... then like a light switch the 3's started falling for the Tide... as for the foul shots- Alabama had 22 foul shots in the last 3 minutes while holding a relatively large lead- it's hard for Stanford to draw a foul and get to the line when they are shooting over a zone and not hardly attempting to drive the lane... obviously box scores dont tell the whole story... my bracket is semi ruined- but i can live with it- for another round anyway... ROLL TIDE!!

edited to add:
    Stanford also shot 27% for the game from the field- i guess Bama had a nice strategy to pack in the zone and make Stanford shoot over the top?
    Last edited by QuinntheEskimo; 03-21-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Well, congrats, Quinn. I'm sure you're ecstatic. That's the nice thing about the tourney. One person's anguish is another's delight.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fan
    <--- picked 'Bama. Feeling smart.

I don't want to kick anyone when they're down though. I expect my reign at the top to be short lived so I'll enjoy it while I can.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Well, darn with Stanford gone, that ruins my final 4 and final 2. But, as long as Georgia Tech, Duke and Wakeforest keep going, I'll be happy. (Sorry Paulie about the game)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My bracket is semi-ruined as well. Poor Paulie. It'll be okay.

I watched the Texas-UNC game last night with 2 Texas alum, and 1 UNC alum. those people are CRAZY. It was amusing to watch. Good game though, at the end.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Thanks, guys. I'm sure I'll manage to survive this disappointment. I'm sadly getting kind of used to it (no Sweet Sixteens in five out of the last six years ). I just thought this team was different somehow. It's a pretty cruel way to end what was truly a magical season.

I'm not even interested in watching the other games today. How weird is that?!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, I would like to feel sorrier for you than I do, but, University of Memphis is in the tournament for the first time since 1995, so I really "must" hope they make it just one more game. Sure we know it isn't going to happen, but, if you get bored, tune in. I know how you feel though. After they are out of it, I don't care who wins.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    magical weekend for the state of Alabama this weekend... the Tide and UAB- both nice wins over #1's... my bracket is sooo ruined... but as long as OK State stays in there is a glimmer of hope...

Upon arriving at the 1st round games that were in Denver(damn I got lucky...we drew some of the best matchups, imo), I realized that once it all starts, you should just throw all thinking about "your bracket" out the window. No one can pick these things perfectly, and it just diminishes my enjoyment of the games to think about how my bracket is doing.

On the other hand, my team won twice this weekend, I got to see some giant upsets, some stunning games and endings, I got to sit in a suite for 6 excellent games, and pretty much EVERYONE'S brackets are hosed....so I can't complain anyway!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

BTW, Paulie....I did it again, just like you! I went with Stanford to win it all in just about every bracket I filled out. I need to apply a new rule of thumb:1)always pick a couple of 12's to upset a 5, 2)Only count on Big12 teams to go so far, and never pick them to win it all, and now 3)Always remember that Stanford has only made it to the sweet 16 once in 6 years.

It's really too bad, because it seemed like they were destined for greatness this year more than ever.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast