+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball League

FORT Fogey
    I'm not doing well at all...

I completely missed the first week of the baseball season though... so I did as well as I could have

:rolleyes What are you guys complaining about?

I blame Mussina.

Now is the part of the season where you have to remind yourself that we have 25 weeks left.

The team you opened the season with is not good or bad yet, we haven't got enough games in. That guy who is hitting .400 today, but has a lifetime .250 avg is probably not going to keep hitting .400. The pitcher who gave up a bunch of runs, but wins 18 games a year is still more likely to win those 18 games than not, and probably shouldn't be dumped in favor of some historical scrub player who got off to a hot start in a handful of AB's.

Remember, the average starting player will get 500AB's this year, and most guys have about 20 AB's at this point... I try to keep it all in perspective.

That said, the Lewinskies really suck right now...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I dont think I have a player that has 20 ab's now... gonna have to go check. I sure wish I knew what I was doing with this curse you Bill
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ili, this site may help you out with the rules and how-tos!

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/baseba...les/index.html

Also, at the bottom of the page, go to the related links: "Fantasy Baseball Help." Our league is the "rotisserie" type. I guess that means we get both skewered and burned.

I haven't even looked at my team in days. I just know they suck. They frighten me with their suckiness. And I don't know how to fix them.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

well I am slowly trying to fix my team. Had all sorts of stuff to figure out and players to switch out. Maybe one or two more switches and I can settle down and see what I built. It's hell when you are the last team to get to pick in the draft
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

How does the DL work? I put one of my players on the DL and it says I have an empty roster spot. So if I fill that spot, then my player comes off the DL, I have to get rid of someone?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I haven't even looked at my team in days. I just know they suck. They frighten me with their suckiness. And I don't know how to fix them.
    Bring in Anthony Robbins and have them all jump around the locker room like fricking idiots... oh and buy his tapes too!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread