+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball League

No worries folks. A bunch of teams that didn't play yesterday, will play today, so expect a lot of movement again. Nothing really settles in until April is over.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Well, if Bill says not to worry, consider me worry-free!

I mean, if their name is red, we have to listen under penalty of death, right? That's just a rumor I heard somewhere.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    are we supposed to shift and shuffle lineups every day?? for example- i have 3 bench players that are actually playing today, but three regular players who are off... so can we make daily lineup changes? or if i start a bench player over a regular- does the bench player start for the rest of the week?

it might be a bit time consuming to check pitching lineups every day to make sure i dont miss a start by one of my starting pitchers!!

and i'll refrain from the neener neeners to those of you who passed up offers for Barry Bonds (no point jinxing BB at this point in the season)

Yes to daily lineups, but you can do them in advance. I usually do about a week's worth of lineups all at once. It takes all of ten minutes. Probably less. You can adjust your pitching for the week at the same time. The starter has a little carat next to his name, so you'll know to put him in.

I personally check my lineup every day, just to make sure nobody got hurt or sent down to the minors or whatever. But hell - if it's too much of a time investment, I say don't check. In fact, I think none of you should check your lineups until the end of September. Forget you have a team. Just erase it from your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    The starter has a little carat next to his name, so you'll know to put him in.

WOW, I wish I'd figured that one out earlier today.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    well the little carat should help- with all the pitchers we're forced to carry it's a bit time consuming to check to see who's playing every day... but i'll be okay to check my lineup daily- dont you worry...

how bout picked up players? i added jermaine dye this morning (clean pick up- no wiavers)- but cant figure out how to get him into my lineup- and go figure he'd hit a HR tonight!!!

I need to correct myself. The carat isn't next to the pitcher's name. It's actually in the opponent column. I'm sure you guys would have figured that out, though.

And Quinn, I think that no matter what, you always have to wait at least a day for a roster change to be reflected.

I have had position changes go right away, and then not go right away, like the damn site gets finicky at times and stubborn.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Really, Ili? Okay, then I officially have no idea. Bill?

I go from last to 8th to last again, I don't know if I like this roller-coaster ride.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread