+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Fantasy Baseball League

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i think i'm with Hazy- i have a lot of balance-with good depth at league wide weak positions- 3b and C... i cant find how the league is scored (is it just the categories shown?) and i realize these are probably deafult settings- but i agree with Hazy with Batting Average over hits, and when did WHIP become important (and how do you get or lose points with WHIP?)

by the way- we are all otherwise average with our pitching staffs because Mantenna went on a Pitching spree (at the expense of virtually no Offense)... Pedro, Randy Johnson, K Wood, and T Hudson... so we'll see what the league values more- Pitching or Hitting or Balance?

Fade to black
    WHIP has always been a standard fantasy baseball setting, I'd never seen hits used before. I'll get used to it, I was just curious.

Yea, Manny definitely has the staff of all staffs. One dimensional teams usually can't win though, but if his offense just contributes a little he'll be looking good.
    Last edited by hazyshadeof; 03-27-2004 at 09:45 AM.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Well, to be honest with you guys, I had no clue what I was doing. I put Pedro at the top of my list, as I really wanted him, but as for the rest . . . I didn't really intend for it to work that way.

It'll be a nice change since my hometown team (Rockies) always has lots of offense and NO pitching. I'll get to find out how the other half lives.

Besides, we can't all have teams like Dirty Harry! Ai yi yi. I'm scared to play against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Besides, we can't all have teams like Dirty Harry! Ai yi yi. I'm scared to play against him.
    Well, I guess you gotta ask yourself a question: "Am I feeling lucky?" Well punk, are ya?

I don't know Mantenna, you have a nice looking pitching staff there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
    Well, I guess you gotta ask yourself a question: "Am I feeling lucky?" Well punk, are ya?
    Go, ahead . . . make my day!

well I am screwing my team up big time. I tried to switch out some guys and now I am missing a shortstop, outfield and Utility guy. The switches arent taking effect. They drop the player I don't want, but dont give me the player I do want, and its from the Available list too. Stupid game.:pout
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Did you check to see if the players you're adding are on Tuesday, Ili? Whenever you add a player, you aren't allowed to use them until the following day. So when you're looking at your team, click on tomorrow (Tuesday) and you'll probably see your new players. Hope that helps.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    To be honest, I'm with Manny: I have no earthy clue what I'm doing. All I know is what an RBI is and what a pitcher does. Other than that... I am clueless. Clueless, I tell you.

By the way, is a shortstop that guy behind the batter? I know that this is almost really funny, but seriously...

I think I know enough about baseball and how the game works to know that my team sucks.

bored: the shortstop stands near second base, not behind that batter. That would be the catcher. Yeah, I admit that it sounds like you're joking.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    To be honest, I'm with Manny: I have no earthy clue what I'm doing. All I know is what an RBI is and what a pitcher does. Other than that... I am clueless. Clueless, I tell you.
    Oh, you poor guy. I do know about baseball, just not the fantasy league-stuff and how it works.

+ Reply to Thread