+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: nascar Fans Take A Look

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    welcome aboard Quinn!!!!! Ilikai and I use to go to the races, last weekend and this weekend and the twin 125s if we could get the day off. we drove from cape canaveral to north of daytona to Ormond Beach, followed the signs and were parked in 15 minutes. while people were waiting to get into daytona for 2 hours,. The bad part was this allowed us more time to spend all our money at the trailers for the drivers. enjoy the race and hold on to your hat. they will blow it off your head the second time they come around and are up to speed.........Man do I miss Daytona!!!

I have to turn up the sound to get the feel of 43 V-8 engines growling First time I saw a race at Daytona was in 88, the firecracker 400. Second time those cars came around my brain was going "cars can't go this fast without wings!" You just dont' get how fast they are moving till you are there in the stands.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Welcome to Taracran also. she has joined the group.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    my first race at Daytona we were in the 20th row off the track between the end of pit row and turn 1, those cars coming at you- and are allready by you by the time you hear them- like Ili said 43 V-8's coming at you and by you at 200mph- sheer power!

I was up at the top of the stands in Turn 1 for my first race there, after that we used to get tickets down at turn 4 area. Saw more wrecks right in front of us there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

We have another member of the group.....welcome to cinjoybeach

Thanks!!! I can't wait for this season to start! I go into withdrawal without cars racing around the track, so luckily I'll get my fix soon.

Great, another member.
    Double points for being a Leave It To Beaver fan, one of the funniest shows ever IMHO.

ok, we are up to 7 people now in the group. taracran has logged into the group. we're doing better than the other group I belong to. they only have 4 including me.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    fun afternoon at the track- 4 of my 5 drivers finished in the top 4- which sux- b/c i certainly didnt want everyone jumping on the elliot sadler bandwagon (that was my darkhorse pick for the 500- cinderella to fav in one race )... now it looks like my picks are based on the 125 results...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast