+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Figure Skating

Figure Skating

Tonight at 8 Eastern, the Ice Wars are on CBS. Here's a brief description from Yahoo.com :

"Ice Wars: USA vs. The World"
    From Manchester, N.H. Skating for Team USA will be Scott Hamilton, Tara Lipinski, Brian Boitano and Nicole Bobek, while the World Team features Kurt Browning, Ilia Kulik, Maria Butyrskaya and Surya Bonaly.

Anyone else enjoy watching figure skating?

Some of my favorite skaters are on tonight-
    Scott Hamilton, Kurt Browning, Tara Lipinski, and Surya Bonaly (I am always impressed by her backflip!)

I do Kylie, but Notre Dame vs USC is on tonight!

Gotta have priorities!

Might tape it for the wife and kids though..watch it tomorrow!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Kylie, what's funny is that I added this the other day to the "Today's Events" at the bottom of the forum listing, and on the Calendar. You might not have seen it.

I just watched an interview with Sasha Cohen - she's turned into a bright, well-rounded young girl since I last saw her on the ice. I was impressed.

Of course, what with the Skins game (golf) and the Bucs game (NFL) today, not much time to squeeze in figure skating, but I'll be trying.

I just got the tree all set up, and my wife's decorating it as we speak...

Nope, sorry John, hadn't seen that on the today's events listing.

Watching the GTech/UGA game right now, myself. And I'm going to watch Fla/FSU later. I'm a HUGE Seminoles fan.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm just hoping our dinner guests are outta here by 8 so I can see the Notre Dame/USC game! (is that bad? )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hockey game 1 is on at 7 then at 10 eastern Game 2 whenour own DUCKGIRL takes on the Avalanche and the Oilers ..... I mean the Avs and Oilers play and Ducky is at the game 8 rows behind the Avs bench. If you see a naked girl flinging herself at Joe Sakic in celebration of his 500th goal ,its prolly Ducky........

I love Scott Hamilton, but they'll replay it sometime.

I watched.
    I really enjoy watching... I took iceskating lessons, so it's really fun to watch them and think... hey I used to be able to.....
    As soon as Hamilton came out on the ice with his golf bag I thought... USA is going to win, then when he skated so well and finished with his flip I actually cheered! I turned to my daughter and said, "USA just won!"
    Over all I like the energy of the "world Skaters", their artistic programs are fun! Very close compitition and fun to watch
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm awful, I start this thread and then didn't watch it because of the Seminoles game!

But I have it on tape, and I'm going to watch it this afternoon if I can.

Cali- I'm with you there, I used to take lessons. That's why I love watching figure skating so much. Scott Hamilton is my absolute favorite male skater.

I only dreamed of skating lessons as a child/teen. I never got to do it, but used to be pretty good on the ice about twice a year. I love to watch and I cheer too. I did not get to see it, butI bet someone I know taped it. I know Sher would have if she were not out of town. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast