+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Namath Interview at the Jets-Pats Game

Joe Namath Interview at the Jets-Pats Game

Did anyone see this?? Personally I thought it was hilarious! But I was surprised ESPN put him on the air in that condition... He was obviously lit... They didn't know that before they pointed a camera at him?? His words were slurred and he looked like he was about to fall over... When I first saw him I thought he had had a stroke or something...

Joe Namath tells Kolber he wants to kiss her

Sunday, December 21, 2003
    2003 Associated Press

URL: sfgate.com/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/12/21/sports1857EST0521.DTL

(12-21) 15:57 PST NEW YORK (AP) --

Joe Namath's interview on ESPN was cut short when the Hall of Fame quarterback gave curious answers to Suzy Kolber's questions.

Namath was at the Patriots-Jets game Saturday night as the Jets celebrated their 40th anniversary team. Asked by Kolber, ESPN's sideline reporter, about what the team's struggles meant to him, Namath replied:

"I want to kiss you," as he leaned toward her.

He added that he believed the team would come back next season with Chad Pennington available to play quarterback all year. But those at ESPN had heard enough.

"Based on Joe's response to the second question, we concluded the interview expeditiously," the network said in a statement Sunday. "While Joe made some relevant football points, had we known what was to come, of course, we would not have conducted the interview."

Kolber responded to Namath's comments by saying "Thanks, Joe. A huge compliment."

Namath capped off the interview by repeating: "I want to kiss you." before Kolber turned things back over to the announcers in the booth.

The Jets said they would have no comment.

2003 Associated Press
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

I didn't see the interview, but I did hear it online after it occured and well...it's obvious Joe had a little bit too much to drink, or was under the influence of something.

In any case, I don't think it's that big of a deal. The guy had too much to drink and wanted to kiss her, it happens.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I saw the interview. I said to my husband "Man! He sounds drunk. I'm actually feeling a little uncomfortable here." This was said without even hearing the "I want to kiss you statements".
    Who shot who in the what now?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    HA! I saw this, it was very very very funny! Then one of the guys up in the booth (after they cut away from Joe) said, "He's a happy guy"..

He was checking her butt out too.. leaning into her, looking at her behind and then raising his eyebrows as if to say, "hhmm..nice".

I'm so glad I don't get interviewed while half-in-the-bag.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

JR.
    Can't say I blame the guy, I want to kiss her too.

The Jets said they would have no comment.

Heh-heh
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

I saw part of this on David Letterman (monday night's show, which I just watched on TiVo). He was extremely trashed.

+ Reply to Thread