+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger Woods Engaged

Tiger Woods Engaged

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._woods_engaged

Tiger Woods Engaged to Swedish Girlfriend
    1 hour, 2 minutes ago Add Entertainment - AP to My Yahoo!

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - Tiger Woods and his Swedish girlfriend, Elin Nordegren, are engaged.

The golfer's agent, Mark Steinberg of IMG, confirmed the couple's engagement to The Associated Press on Friday but declined to give details.

"She called this morning and was incredibly happy," Nordegren's father, Thomas, told the Swedish newspaper Expressen. "I only spoke shortly with them on the telephone but they were happy and I congratulated them."

Thomas Nordegren, a correspondent for Swedish Radio in Washington, could not immediately be reached for comment by the AP.

Ashley Cocks, a spokesman for the Shamwari Game Reserve in South Africa, said in a statement that Woods proposed to Nordegren while at the game park outside Port Elizabeth. Woods had been in Fancourt, South Africa, for the Presidents Cup, which ended Sunday.

The proposal came during a walk at sunset Tuesday, he said, adding that when the couple left Friday aboard a private jet, Nordegren had a "huge diamond on her finger."

Nordegren's mother, Barbro Holmberg, who is Sweden's migration minister, had no comment.

Woods, 27, and Nordegren, a 23-year-old model, have been dating for nearly two years.

The South African Broadcasting Corp. also reported the engagement, saying the couple spent the night under the stars in sleeping bags and prepared their own food.

Woods and his entourage later left Port Elizabeth via Barbados to the United States, SABC reported.

Expressen said the date and location of the wedding were not disclosed, but that it was likely to take place in Sweden.

Woods' caddie, Steve Williams of New Zealand, got engaged the weekend before the President's Cup.

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

She's gorgeous, he'd be an idiot if he didn't tie the knot.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    She's gorgeous, he'd be an idiot if he didn't tie the knot.
    Indeed. Here are some pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Hhhhwow! :eyesbugoutofmyhead

Yet another reason to envy Tiger.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Hhhhwow! :eyesbugoutofmyhead

Yet another reason to envy Tiger.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Girls think about things like this , but will those kids be the cutest ever ?

Interesting sidebar to this story. According to ESPN.com, this was on his website this morning...

"I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to South Africa for the Presidents Cup, with one exception: I was betrayed by Adrian Gardiner, founder of the Shamwari Game Reserve. He promised to protect my privacy during a four-day stay with friends, but went back on his word, not only alerting the newspapers about my engagement to Elin Nordegren, but inviting the mayor and local school children to the airport when we departed.
    Even worse, he took pictures at the reserve to promote his website, and had us detained in a holding cell at the airport so we would pose for more photos with the mayor. Saying we were uncomfortable and totally shocked is an understatement.

In a word, I'm disgusted about the way he handled things. I had been planning to ask Elin to marry me for months and wanted to do it in a private, unique atmosphere. It was such a great moment in our lives, and he cheapened the experience because he was so self-serving. Needless to say, we will never go back."
    -- From Tigerwoods.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/...rtnersite=espn
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wow, that's really too bad. He sounds pretty pissed.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

LG.
    here's a pic of Tiger and Elin from the tigerwoods.com website, for anyone like me who was curious.

It sucks that the manager of the place they stayed was so self-serving, but congrats to Tiger and Elin anyway.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread