+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heritage classic Hockey Game

Jay
    My sign would say

Cripes, it's
    Bloody
    Cold!

I wonder if Theo wore his mittens, the ones that are clipped to the sleeves just like when he was a kid.

I got to see my Claude, it was awesome, I love that man *no, really??* No kidding they didn't score, what a surprise.

As for the "real" game, it was great. Nice pics Eny, even when Jose is cold he is HOT!!! He is too adorable!

Paulina sang that song better than Sara (sp?), I think she can be big. Only problem I had with her is that it seems like she was born yesterday which means I'm getting friggin old and that's not good. It was the same feeling when I remembered almost all the "old" Oilers, it's sad. As for the Canadiens some were real old and then there was the players from my Claude days which I remember.

I don't feel bad for the players having to play in that weather, their salary is good enough to play an entire season in -27 weather!!

I LIVE in colder temps than they played a game in and I'm not making at least $1 mil a year.

I'm glad the players seemed to enjoy themselves. I didn't hear anyone bitching about the cold too much and they looked like they had a great time.

Even in a dorky touque, Jose looks hot.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Silverstar said
    I'm still wondering how Theo managed to keep his touque all game long. Maybe it was glued
    In the paper today he said that he used double sided tape and that the Hall of Fame was going to be receiving the toque.

Was anyone watching who was a bit dissapointed with the CBC? It felt that they could not break away from the All - Star game or the regular game fast enough. 2-0 win for Oilumni ? BOOM straight to news. 4 - 3 win for Montreal?
    BOOM straight to Vancouver. Thier was fireworks and locker room that was totally ignored.

Other than that it was fantastic except for the final score. Would have liked to see a shootout ( shudder! I hate those!) for the All - star game. Maybe they should have added one anyways? to the event. Maybe next year in Montreal?
    For the rematch.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It should be pointed out these guys are about 400k south of where Ducky is.
    I hope Dylan is sorry he didn't go.
    I was really dissapointed they cut away so fast too. I thought it was like a 5 min news update or something. The regular game was great. I hope they have a rematch next yr in Montreal.

I don't see this becoming a yearly event, and hope it doesnt become one.

Yes, Edmonton is about 400 k / 250 mi south of me. Between here and there, there are... four gas stations. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I don't see this becoming a yearly event, and hope it doesnt become one.

Yes, Edmonton is about 400 k / 250 mi south of me. Between here and there, there are... four gas stations. That's it.

Jesus, so you're like at the northern tip of Alberta. How do you deal with the cold?
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

It's just a part of life, and you just... deal with it. Yeah, day after day of -40 sucks, but it's part of living here. *shrug* Our gas and electrical bills are much higher than yours, though. Dylan is *still* ranting about a gas bil for over $300 from January.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Dylan is *still* ranting about a gas bil for over $300 from January.
    $300 for a gas bill is insane!!! If it were me, I'd still be ranting too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast