+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heritage classic Hockey Game

By the way, thank you Eny for the awesome pics from the CBS Sportsline gallery! Everybody should go check out the full gallery if they haven't already.

It looks mighty cold out there....

Eh, it's not that cold. What was it, -15? -20 with the wind? Yeah, that's not so bad.

I can just see it now...they're going to sweat while playing, and then it will freeze to their face. That could get interesting.

It looks like it's going to be such an awesome game, though. Argh! I have to wait 'til the following week. Why!?

Well at least I have the right weather for the game. It's 18 degrees, snowing, and blowing. Can't hardly see the houses across the street. However, it's nice and warm inside in front of my fireplace!

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    How about that Fuhr?? he's been awesome

FORT Fan
    Back in the early 1970's we were stationed in Norfolk, Virginia. They had an AHL team that was the farm club for the Detroit Red Wings. We went to every game we could. They had a player named Herb Boxer who was from the upper pennisula of Michigan where we were from. I wrote Herb a letter one day letting him know that he had fellow "yoopers" in the stands cheering for him.

To my great surprise...Herb called me!!! I was floored! Then he invited hubby and me to come down to the locker room after the game to meet him.

They played the Nova Scotia Voyagers who were the farm club for the Montreal Canadians that night. After the game we went down to the lower arena and were walking down a hallway to the locker room...then we run into these two giants! I recognized them right away as the two incredibly talented but very tough defensemen of the Nova Scotia team. I was so surprised, I could hardly speak...but I stopped to say hello. They were very nice to me even though only one of them spoke english...the other spoke only french. So I turned to him (Gosh this is SO embarrassing I can't believe I am telling you all this) and I made a muscle with my arm and said..."You are so strong!" and he laughed!

Those two giants were Larry Robinson and Yvan Lambert! I was thrilled to see them today.

That's such a cute story, Mary.

And, um, Marty McSorley? *falls over laughing*

The edmonton goalies were just unbelievable.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Nice story Mary. Larry looked like he was having a ball. They all did.
    Those guys were just getting warmed up . They could have easily played another 15. Lots of celebration here tonight as Kenny Linesman is a local boy. I agree, the Edmonton goalies were the difference, especially Fuhr. It was great

Someone said it was going to be a long afternoon in the dressing room for Messier and Gretzky since Linesman and McSorley did the scoring

First period Habs vs Oilers still 0-0

How adorable is Theo with his little hat

I'm loving this except the puck is doing strange things because of the snow on the ice.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 11-22-2003 at 08:18 PM. Reason: because I can't type :)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It looks like old time ice. Lots of spray and bounces. Oddly they seem to be playing a more open game . They interviewed Ryan Smyth in between periods and the grin on his face told the whole story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast