+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thunderstruck's Column - Week 2: Shut your mouth, Keyshawn

Thunderstruck's Column - Week 2: Shut your mouth, Keyshawn

When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers deactiviated WR Keyshawn Johnson, he immediately did what he does best(Which apparently isn't play football) - Mouth off. Coach Jon Gruden cited a number of reasons for the release, which included his distracting presence, a number of penalties called on him, and not being motivated.

Now maybe it's just me, but if I'm signed to a multi-million dollar contract to play a sport, I'm certainly not going to complain. He says his complaining helps light a fire under the team, but it's more of a distraction. He also puts pressure on himself. If you're being payed 100's of millions of dollars, and you can't remember a snap count, get off the field. You should be focused in on that play and nothing else.

This doesn't just go for Keyshawn. Hear me Randy Moss? Hear me Terrell Owens? Either put up on the field or just shut up. That's my problem with Keyshawn. With a losing record he went around bragging about his talents. Look, we know you're fast, we know you can catch, but getting into a shouting match with your coach isn't exactly going to help matters. At least T.O. has gained SOME amount of respect from me, because the Niners are just 5-5, Owens is having a sub-par year, and he's kept his mouth closed. He didn't complain, not publicly at least, that his team was losing because he wasn't getting enough looks.

The Tampa Bay Bucs are my new favorite team. I want them to win out, I want them to win the Super Bowl, and I don't want Keyshawn to get a ring. That will send a message to these ego-driven players that football is a team game, and just because you suck doesn't mean the team around isn't giving you enough respect.
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

Please refer all hate mail to admin@fansofrealitytv.com

j/k
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    At least T.O. has gained SOME amount of respect from me, because the Niners are just 5-5, Owens is having a sub-par year, and he's kept his mouth closed. He didn't complain, not publicly at least, that his team was losing because he wasn't getting enough looks.
    Ummm, didn't TO rant and rave about not getting the ball enough from Garcia in/after week 2 or 3?? If I remember correctly, he did a post-game interview or press conference where he went off on the Niners coach and Garcia and basically said they weren't winning because he wasn't getting the ball.

I do agree with you, though, Thunderstruck. I love the fact that Gruden basically told Keyshawn where to go. I have never liked hotdog players like any of these guys. They all make me think of that Nike(?) commercial where the star lays the blame on the rest of the team. Theres no I in Team, well, theres no We either.....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

A-MEN!!!

Jerry Mcguier said it best when he said "shut-up and play". To these guys its always about who under-threw the pass and not getting the ball enough and their 10 million $$. No one player is bigger than the team and these guys gotta learn that, and Keyshawn is learning the hard way. Some people may get on me for making this prediction, but I'd like to think Maurice Clarett will be like this also.
    (My beautiful Avatar is a picture of me!!)

+ Reply to Thread