+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Hey everyone!

I hope there are some folks at the FORT who are as excited for College Hoops as I am. I have already read all of the pre-season BS and started to pick my teams. there are some really good matchups this year, Mid-Major contenders, and quite a few new faces around the country.

Of course, my favorite team will remain my alma mater--University of Illinois Fighting Illini. But the Big 10 is going to eat itself alive, even moreso than usual this year.

Games start Thursday!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I watched some of Syracuse's exhibition game with the Globetrotters last night. It was kind of funny to watch. The refs were letting a LOT of stuff go, and the Syracuse kids were having major issues with that late, especially McNamara.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well, those Globetrotters, they get away with everything!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Of course, my favorite team will remain my alma mater--University of Illinois Fighting Illini. But the Big 10 is going to eat itself alive, even moreso than usual this year.
    I hear that, my alma mater too. At least the football team is setting such a mark of futility that the basketball team doesn't have to do much to be any better. It will be interesting to see how the new motion offense works. I live up in cheeseland right now so I don't get to hear much about them.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Well, I'll just have to keep you up to date, Brusch!

Where above the Cheddar Curtain do you live?

Games start Thursday eve on ESPN with the Coaches for Cancer classic.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    The mighty Texas Longhorns should be pretty good this year despite losing TJ Ford to the NBA, but I don't think we'll make the F4 again. Sweet Sixteen. Maybe Elite Eight if we get a good bracket.

But we've had a great recruiting class so far; best in school history probably. The future of Longhorn basketball is very bright.

-Randy

I gotta say, I dont really care for the Big12...ever. (even though they have some A-teams like Kansas and Mizzou--and I suppose Texas now ) But since I live in Boulder, CO, and CU is the only game in town, I am hoping that they can play spoiler against Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, et al, at the games that I go see in town.

Texas has made huge gains in the Hoops arena. You should be proud. I kinda wish CU could do something similar and give me something to cheer for. They need to get a coach with at least a little recruiting power.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    CU was pretty dang good a few years ago when Billups was there. Big 12 is pretty tough. You'd think CU would be a pretty attactive place to go to school.

-Randy (Go Spurs Go!)

Anyone get to watch the games last night?? I only got to see highlights, but it was good to get the hoops blood flowing again! I almost always cheer for the upset, but I was disappointed last night. Oh well.

Gonzaga gets this big write-up on cbssportsline and then to back it up??? they go out and get upset in their first game....when you move from cinderella to a front runner, the basketball shoe doesn't always fit as well

...i'm an UofA alum, and again the Cats were picked by the Pac-10 media writers to finish first.... with Lute, he can coach anything to happen...but i think the Pac has lots of depth this year, and like the Big-10, is going to eat itself alive....

should be a great year all around...

and away we go

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast