+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Stanford has managed to string 4 wins in a row in March and then cap that sequence with a 1-point OT loss to eventual champ Kentucky because why the hell won't that Sheppard kid miss any of those threes at the top of the key and why isn't anyone covering him, for Pete's sake?!?! But yeah, you're right. Not six in a row.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Ahhh, the agonly of a college hoops fan!! I know it all too well!

The only reason I harp on Stanford, Paulie, is that I have picked them in the final four for 3 years in a row....and had them in the championship in one of my pools last year.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Big 12 has been big bust this season

It can be argued that even without a national championship banner, the Big 12's flag flew with more pride than any other conference during the previous two years in college basketball.

League teams won 27 NCAA tournament games, advanced two teams in each of the previous Final Fours and finally had reasons to strut in March after years of postseason disappointment.

What the 2003-2004 season appears to be proving is the good times have rolled past America's heartland and great Southwest.

Full Article

I can't argue with the article too much. I think Bobby Knight's Texas Tech team might end up being the best of the Big 12 yet.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

It's really tough being a Big 12, Big 10, or Pac 10 fan right now....pretty much for any of the teams. There is something going on in College Hoops that I never really expected...Parity. I have come to expect it in the NFL, but not so much in college hoops. Yes, it has always been that any team could beat any other team on any given day, but it has gotten much harder to say "Oh, this team is definetly better than that team". The top programs(Duke, UCONN, Stanford, UNC, et al) look damn good, but even among them, the parity is there. I have no idea who would win if it were between those teams. And I would wager that if they just played against each other for 20 games, their records would be pretty even at the end.

But now, the mid majors are contenders. The historically bottom end teams of all the conferences are a threat to hand out losses. And watch out for teams you have never paid attention to before....the Spiders will pull you into their web and deliver the death blow!

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining. It has made for a pretty exciting season so far. The tourney should be awesome.

Whoo! Nice win by Texas over Texas Tech! Take that Bobby Knight. Was that at TT or at Texas??

Thanks! And it was at Tech, too. Kind of surprising, but I'll take it.

-Randy
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Majerus is done.

A shame, but the guy really needs to lose a ton of weight (I'm sure he realizes that)

Good luck to him.

-Randy
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I got my NCAA tourney tickets the other day...in the mail. They are on the end behind one of the backboards, but they are lower bowl, so that's not too shabby! I can't believe I am already thinking tourney, when there is still so much good basketball to play!

Final 4 tickets, Mr. D?

-Randy
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I wish!! No, they are for the first 2 rounds(1st weekend of the tourney). Denver is one of the sites for the first rounds this year. I am pretty excited, as there is nothing like the energy and buzz of the tournament....especially when you are at the arena watching it live. There is almost always a great upset!

+ Reply to Thread