+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Oregon is supposed to be pretty good this year...no? And what about UCLA? I know they are rebuilding, but....anything?

I just read a stat about the Big 10--they are 4-14 as a conference against top 25 teams. That's not looking so good.

I went to the Kansas/CU game last night. Man, CU really needs to get up for these big games. Harrison(CU's center? Forward?) was literally dragging his ass up and down the court...there were a couple of times where he didn't even come down the court on defense...he just stood on his offensive end and let his team play 4 on 5. It was sad.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

4 on 5?! That's pathetic. They need to replace that guy's scholarship with someone who wants to play.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it!

LoneStar--that was a great game last night played by your 'horns. I admit I was pulling for the Friars, and they did make it a good game. I just saw the shot that ended it. So exciting! I love those types of finishes!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Oregon is supposed to be pretty good this year...no? And what about UCLA? I know they are rebuilding, but....anything?
    I read an article in the Contra Costa Times over the Christmas break that said the Pac-10 is probably looking at sending only three teams to the tournament this year instead of the 4 or 5 they normally send. The notion was based on the team's non-conference schedule this season, which is usually very solid. The conference as a whole did rather poorly in that part of their conference, and only Stanford and Arizona notched wins against top programs. Everyone else lost some jaw-droppers to inferior schools. UCLA beat Michigan State, but the Spartans have gone on to play rather poorly, suggesting that victory wasn't as impressive as it seemed. At any rate, the article said the battle for 3rd place in the Pac-10 will be critical this season because that's probably the only other team that will get to play in the NCAAs.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    LoneStar--that was a great game last night played by your 'horns. I admit I was pulling for the Friars, and they did make it a good game. I just saw the shot that ended it. So exciting! I love those types of finishes!
    While they did blow a 21 point lead it was a good win leading up to conference play. Nice to see them beat someone decent.

10 minutes to review a play, though? At least they got it right.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I read an article in the Contra Costa Times over the Christmas break that said the Pac-10 is probably looking at sending only three teams to the tournament this year instead of the 4 or 5 they normally send. The notion was based on the team's non-conference schedule this season, which is usually very solid. The conference as a whole did rather poorly in that part of their conference, and only Stanford and Arizona notched wins against top programs. Everyone else lost some jaw-droppers to inferior schools. UCLA beat Michigan State, but the Spartans have gone on to play rather poorly, suggesting that victory wasn't as impressive as it seemed. At any rate, the article said the battle for 3rd place in the Pac-10 will be critical this season because that's probably the only other team that will get to play in the NCAAs.
    I completely agree. I think four max. It depends on how Oregon and Cal do. I suspect one of those two will take third, and I give the nod to Oregon simply because they have outrecruited UCLA and USC the past two years, and playing at Mac Court is a huge home court advantage (the crowd is three decks right over the court, it gets so loud that the baskets shake).
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ernie Kent's a great coach, too. Cal is getting ravaged in the local press in the Bay Area. Their offense is very anemic so far. They've lost some very bad games.

Cal is a big disappointment so far. The very worst team in the league is Oregon State though. They got ripped by a local Portland college in the preseason.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

The Big 10 is looking pretty anemic as well. MSU's tough Non-con schedule killed them, the ACC/Big10 challenge exposed many weaknesses, and this year's freshman players are not all that noteworthy. I see 3, maybe 4 teams from the Big 10 dancing at the end.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    Texas is playing really well, but they haven't really played a powerhouse yet.
    We'll see how they do 1/13 against Wake Forest.

GO DEACS!

+ Reply to Thread