+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Yeah, I was sorta surprised at the Gonzaga upset. But they are a late season team--ALWAYS. They will show up and back up the early season rankings. Early season ranking means absolutely nothing! Uconn wasnt that convincing over Yale, either.

I was worried you would be an Arizona fan, Qbone. They are one of my top 5 hated teams...(in no particular order, except #1) Duke, Kansas, Florida, North Carolina(moreso now with Roy Disney there), and of course Arizona(Lute has actually gained my respect, of late. But I just couldn't stand the Walton's)
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I was worried you would be an Arizona fan, Qbone. They are one of my top 5 hated teams...(in no particular order, except #1) Duke, Kansas, Florida, North Carolina(moreso now with Roy Disney there), and of course Arizona(Lute has actually gained my respect, of late. But I just couldn't stand the Walton's)
    c'mon, you know you love me
    Attached Images Attached Images

BOOOOO 'zona!!! lol

I would have won way more $$$ in Vegas during last years tourney if the Zags had beaten Arizona!! I had Zags to win, and to beat the spread....I won with the spread bet, but the money was in the win bet.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Memphis Tigers.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Yeah, YA, Memphis is a good team that is often overlooked because of their status as a "mid-major" team. Did Calipari re-sign to coach them for another however many years??

They beat my Illini last season(I think?), and if I am not mistaken, they play again this year. Oh yeah!! Dec 12 at Assembly Hall on ESPN2. Memphis always shows up and plays a tough game.

Huge game tonight!! Well, huge considering its this early in the season.

Michigan St. @ Kansas:ESPN, 9PM EST

Tom Izzo takes his #4(pre-season) Spartans to BFE Kansas to face down Bill Self's #5 Jayhawks.

Personally, I hope MSU can represent the Big 10 and shut down the Jayhawks, and make Self suffer for leaving the Big 10 in the first place.

OK, so I was wrong to hope, to dream!! lol.

It was a crazy weekend in College Hoops as all of the top 4 teams lost. Duke loses to Purdue in the finals of The Great Alaskan Shootout(That's right Purdue! Big 10 representin'! I was glad to hear it). Arizona lost to #8 Florida(I despise both). Obviously, Michigan State loses to Kansas, and in the biggest upset so far this year, unranked Georgia Tech defeated UCONN in the pre-season NIT. Nice!! College Hoops is all about the upsets, BAYBEE!!!

Does it really mean much? No. Early season NCAA hoops is always a tossup. Freshmen are just getting integrated into the team, new coaches abound, and since so many players head to the NBA after 1 or 2 years, team dynamics are always changing.

UPCOMING:
    This week we have the ACC/Big 10 Challenge, with a few marquee matchups. This is always a good litmus test for both leagues, as these teams won't typically meet until tourney time. Key matchups include Indiana vs #18 Wake Forest, #12 Illinois @ #10 North Carolina(Go Illini!), and the biggest game of this challenge, #2 Duke @ #4 Michigan State.

Next Week:The Jimmy V Classic!

Obviously, I am going to gloat a little about Illinois defeating Temple handily on Saturday. The Illini backcourt is a force to be reckoned with, and I dont mind them being lower in the polls during this early season. It just makes them less of a target. On a side note, this weeks Sunday NY Times predicts the Illini to be in the Final 4 this year come tourney time. I won't hold my breath, but its nice to finally see them mentioned as a premier team.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    It should be a great season and it culminates in my town this year for the Final Four!

Texas is playing really well, but they haven't really played a powerhouse yet. I think they have 'Zona coming up soon...12/9 for Arizona vs. Texas (man, I love Google ) In fact, it looks like that game is in the Jimmy V Classic...cool deal.

I can't wait until conference play starts...that's when it really heats up.

-Randy

Stanford opens 3-0 against a bunch of creampuffs. Worth noting, though, that the Cardinal is without their top player, Josh Childress.

Also interesting: the UAA Seawolves women's team won the Great Alaska Shootout, and I went to high school with their new head coach. She even played on my intramural team when I was a senior and she was a freshman. So cool.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Take THAT, Kansas! Woohooooohooohooooo!!!

Great start to the season for the still Childress-less Cardinal. That game was fun to watch.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread