+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Yay, another Stanford fan!

I'm hoping they win the Pac-10 tournament and solidify their #1 seed. Their grasp on #1 in the West, so solid a week ago, now appears tenuous.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm a Husky Fan.

*quietly tiptoes out of thread*

Well, at least we won't have to hear about anyone going for an undefeated season as St. Joseph's was throttled by Xavier 87-67. If Xavier was on the bubble before they probably aren't now; if the NCAA's are like this with the increased parity it should be even more exciting than usual. It's entirely possible someone other than Illinois, Wisconsin, or Michgan St. will win the Big 10 tournament, which could break someone else's bubble.

(brusch - getting hoops in my veins )
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Not so fast, there, Mariner!! You should be in here telling us why the Huskies deserve to go to the tourney. 2nd place in the Pac10, handed Stanford their only loss(so far), and everyone's saying they might not get in?? That they are on the bubble?? That's BS if you ask me. Arizona should be excluded, if anyone.

Hey Brusch--Hows' about those Illini!! Luther Head with a career high(by 10 pts!) 29 points! Here's hoping they can run the gauntlet that is the Big10 tourney and maybe get a 3 seed!

Everyone send out some energy towards Air Force. They definetly deserve to make the tourney--outright MWC season champs, and heck, they are Air Force--never a powerhouse in hoops. They lost to CSU in the first round of their tourney, but they still deserve to go. I so want to see them play their Princeton offense against some bigger name teams that rarely, if ever, have to deal with that type of play. I smell an upset!

Man, this is such a great month for me!! It really is my favorite time of year. MARCH MADNESS!!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Not so fast, there, Mariner!! You should be in here telling us why the Huskies deserve to go to the tourney. 2nd place in the Pac10, handed Stanford their only loss(so far), and everyone's saying they might not get in?? That they are on the bubble?? That's BS if you ask me. Arizona should be excluded, if anyone.

Man, this is such a great month for me!! It really is my favorite time of year. MARCH MADNESS!!!
    *feels tug and lands back in thread*

Now that the Huskies beat UCLA in the first round of the Pac10 tournament (the only team to beat them twice during the regular season), they definitely should be in despite what that Jay Bilas says. I agree completely that if it's just 2 Pac10 teams, there is a compelling case for Washington getting in and Arizona not. That will be especially true if the Huskies beat Arizona for a third time tonight.

I also love March Madness. In fact, I usuall take the first week of the NCAA tournament off and spend way too many hours in dark sports bars regardless of what the weather is like where ever I happen to be vacationing. This year, unfortunately, I am waaaaaay too busy to take a vacation now.

I went to Vegas for the first weekend of the tourney last year. Even though I was sick, I had the time of my life. Placing bets and being able to watch every single game that is on all at the same time just makes it more exciting.

This year, I will actually be watching games LIVE during the first weekend. Got tickets at the Pepsi Center in Denver...in a suite, no less!!

Mo' Madness, Mo' madness!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

The Huskies should definitely be in the way they've finished this season. Last night's comeback win was amazing. They had to come back, what, 2? 3 times?

Stanford looks like it's back on track. I'd like to see them win the Pac-10 tournament to secure that #1 seed.

Who can believe St. Joe's getting POUNDED by 20?!?! Wow, man. I love this time of year!!

Oh, and that last-second shot by Mustafa Shakur sure provided a fitting end to a back-and-forth crazy game between USC and Arizona.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    The Huskies should definitely be in the way they've finished this season. Last night's comeback win was amazing. They had to come back, what, 2? 3 times?

Stanford looks like it's back on track. I'd like to see them win the Pac-10 tournament to secure that #1 seed.

Who can believe St. Joe's getting POUNDED by 20?!?! Wow, man. I love this time of year!!

Oh, and that last-second shot by Mustafa Shakur sure provided a fitting end to a back-and-forth crazy game between USC and Arizona.
    That was a great end to the USC/Arizona game! 3.8 seconds, dribble down the court and sink a three. Doesn't get any better than that. The Huskies came back from 11 down in the first half and twice from 8 down in the second half. I was madly flipping between the game and Survivor. I think Stanford should get by Oregon and am pretty sure that even if the Huskies beat Arizona tonight, Stanford will beat them in the championship game. As long as the Huskies are in the NCAA tournament, I can live with a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    This year, I will actually be watching games LIVE during the first weekend. Got tickets at the Pepsi Center in Denver...in a suite, no less!!

Mo' Madness, Mo' madness!!
    I am green with envy. I didn't get tickets for the first weekend here this year because the guy in charge of the Husky season tickets I share blew it. :phhht Have fun in the suite and think of all us little people watching on tv.

Congrats Paulie! Stanford did you proud yesterday. Childress is truly a great player and Davis makes it really hard to match up with the Cardinal. I'm just hoping the Huskies can win one or two in the NCAAs and kick butt next year.

+ Reply to Thread