+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

We did a bracket thingie last year. I use a unique "Upset Special" scoring method. I'll provide more details as we draw nearer.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    I think we used cbssportsline.com last year for our bracketology... they utilized a bonus system for upset picks (if #12 beat #5- you get 7 bonus points in addition to your correct win points) i ahve a feeling this tourney will be stock full of upsets!

i'm getting psyched for march madness- but other then SEC, and some ACC coverage- i am oblivious to whats going on west of the Mississippi??

Oh. Well, let me fill you in then, Quinn.

STANFORD IS KICKING ASS!!!

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Oh goodie, we get to do the bracket thing again....better go read up on the teams. (and then fall back on my own system, which makes no sense what so ever)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Gratz to Paulie's Stanford squad on a great regular season so far. They should have locked up the number one seed in the west, no matter what happens in the Pac10 tourney.
    Last edited by Bill; 02-29-2004 at 05:03 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Oh yeah--The Cardinal is definetly the #1 seed in the West. Hopefully the Zags will get the respect they deserve and get a #1 seed too. Although I doubt that will happen. For some reason, they are always suited better as an underdog anyway.

It's gonna be a great tournament this year! I can't wait!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Stanford still has one rather difficult road game left before the Pac-10 tournament. Washington has been playing great basketball lately. They even swept Arizona this season. I don't worry that Stanford will underestimate them, but I think they will have their hands full. Of course, if they play the way the did this past weekend against the Oregon schools, it won't matter. Heaven help me, but I'm starting to think they can do really well in the NCAA Tournament.

I'm not ready to go there----Yet!!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i was reminded today that Orlando is hosting one of the Southeast Regionals! fingerscrossed for Alabama getting selected and sent to orlando!

You mean you don't already have your tickets???? That's something that kinda sucks about the tourney....you have to be thinking at least a year in advance for good seats. I bought my tickets for this years Rounds 1 & 2 in Denver last year, and only got my actual seats just recently. I am already gearing up to get my application in for next years Regional(second weekend) in Chicago.

So tonight it's do or die for the Illini. They can clinch a share of the Big 10 regular season title with a win, but they have to win AT Purdue, which is always tough to do. You know Purdue is going to play hard, since they are on the bubble for a tourney draw.

Congrats to St. Joes for going undefeated in conference play. Can they finish the season undefeated?? Their tournament will be tough!

+ Reply to Thread