+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA College Hoops '03-'04

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Paulie, you gotta be proud now! That was one hell of a game vs. Arizona. Lottich(?) with the game winner from 1/3 court at the buzzer!! What a finish! Nice job by Arizona and Stoudamire to battle back and make it one of the best games I have ever seen!
    Man, I loved that game! I'm glad nobody saw Hernandez signal timeout. My kids must've thought I was insane when that last shot swished. I was hootin' and hollerin' to beat the band. 20-0 now with a FIVE game lead on Arizona! Unbelievable.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

That was an amazing finish.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

BTW, it was Nick Robinson with the 35-footer. He's the guy who started in place of Matt Haryasz, who was the starter in place of Justin Davis. Doesn't seem to matter who you plug into that lineup; it just keeps on ticking.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Yeah, I just realized my error when I read the ESPN article about that game this morning. When I originally posted I had just seen the finish and I was out of my mind from a great college hoops finish.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Paulie, they are calling that Stanford/Arizona game the best game yet this season...and definetly the best finish of any game yet this season(until March Madness rolls around!)

Last night was a pretty huge night for upsets!! UCONN lost to Notre Dame, and Pitt lost to Seton Hall(both losers are atop the Big East right now). Okla. St kept up its winning ways in the Big 12 with a rout of Kansas(yeah, I love to see that!).

Keep your eyes open tonight for Michigan St. at Illinois. The Illini need to win to even up with MSU in the Big 10 standings....basically, Illinois needs to win out in order to win the Big 10. Can they do it?? I hope so! Bruce Weber's former team, Southern Illiniois Univ. is ranked for the first time in like 20 or 30 years!

Hm, 21-0, and with Duke's loss to NC State, Stanford is now #1. I hope they have the same ranking when the tournament's over.

Right now, I'm hoping for Stanford to run the table in-conference (which actually looks possible at this point, amazingly enough) and then maybe lose in the Pac-10 Tournament Championship game. That'll take the pressure off of an undefeated season and allow the team to re-focus prior to the NCAA Tournament run. Right now, they're in great position to lock up the #1 seed in the West and (hopefully) cruise into the Sweet Sixteen before things get dicey.

Then again, things can get dicey in the NCAAs on Day One. I'm trying not to count any unhatched chickens at this point.

Hey, how come nobody's talking NCAA hoops anymore?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Hey, how come nobody's talking NCAA hoops anymore?
    Because my team- Alabama, sucks ass... though they lost 3/5 of their team to the NBA, and start NO seniors... it's a bit of a moral victory for the Tide to still be on the bubble! oh, almost forgot- woofreakinghoo, they beast Mississippi State (#4) this weekend!
    College Basketball doesnt officially start until March 1st anyway!
    Last edited by QuinntheEskimo; 02-23-2004 at 05:17 PM.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Okay- i am going to take that Alabama (sucks ass) statement back... though they are very very young, and start only one returning player- a 14-10 record with a top 20 RPI and the #1 strength of schedule is a good foundation builder for the upcoming seasons... a clear bubble team! i think just making the big tourney would be a nice achievement for the Tide...

March Madness is going to be awesome this year- there are no clear cut favorites- there are some very good teams- but none that are so dominant that they will skate to the elite 8. As March is a few days away- who is going to be the resident FoRTie to coordinate Bracketology for this tournament? ESPN runs a good bracket, with groups...

Do FoRTie's get into filling out brackets and competing with each other?? I'd be up for organizing something, but I have never organized one before. Quinn...does ESPN provide the means for setting something up? Like, we could set up a group online at ESPN and they keep track of everyone's wins/losses/points etc?? And all we do is set up a group and give out the group name and password?

I'm still talking college hoops, Paulie! I have just been out of town dealing with some family health issues. I have had hardly any online access while I was gone.

So I couldn't check out ESPN.com!! But now that I'm back, I just went to that Colorado vs Oklahoma game last night. It went into OT, but it wasn't a very exciting game. Lots of fouls called...especially in the last 3 minutes and OT. CU just couldn't finish OU off without an extra period. Bad freethrow shooting.

How 'bout the Illini, though?? 7 straight wins in the Big 10, pretty much even with Mich. St. They still have to go to Purdue, though. That will be a tough game. They are starting to play up to their potential, after some growing/changing pains dealing with the loss of Bill Self and new Coach Weber. Their backcourt can hang with any backcourt in the country, IMO. Williams and Brown have an uncanny knowledge of where the other is at all times on the court.

+ Reply to Thread